STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS

najely99
najely99 Member Posts: 11
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
HEY EVERYONE ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE I HAVE BEEN POSTING UP AND UPDATING ABOUT MY MOTHERS JOURNEY WITH HER BREAST CANCER... WELL LETS START TO SAY THAT MY MOTHERS PORT GOT INFECTED BEFORE HER LAST CHEMO SESSION SO HE WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL AND HAD TO HAVE EMERGENCY SURGERY BECAUSE SHE HAD HIGH FEVERS AND CHILLS, SHE SPENT THE WHOLE THANKSGIVING WEEK THERE AND AT LAST SHE GOT BETTER, EVENTHOUGH WE FOUND OUT THAT SHE HAD SOME SORT OF BACTERIA IN HER BLOOD DUE TO THE INFECTION OF HER PORT, THE BACTERIA IS CALLED STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS, SO NOW SHE IS ON A TWO WEEK ANTIBIOTIC TREATMENT TO SEE IF THE INFECTION IN HER BLOODSTREAM LEAVES, HER FINAL DAY FOR THE TREATMENT IS ON DEC. 22, SO IM HOPING THAT EVERYTHING IS GOOD AND THAT SHE CAN FINALLY HAVE HER LAST CHEMOTHERAPY WHICH WILL BE IF IT IS GODSWILLING ON DEC. 29, I JUST HOPE THAT EVERYTHING GOES WELL AND THAT ONCE AGAIN CAN HAVE MY MOTHER HEALTHY EVEN THOUGH I DONT GET TO SEE HER EVERYDAY SINCE SHE LIVES 2 HOURS AWAY FROM ME, BUT I CALL MY MOTHER EVERYDAY AND GIVE HER THE SUPPORT THAT SHE NEEDS.... THANKS EVERYONE AND I WILL KEEP UPDATING YOU GUYS...

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    So sorry to read of the
    So sorry to read of the problems your mom is having. I hope she can get that last and final chemo on the 29th.

Sending hugs and prayers,

Lex
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Hoping that your Mom recovers from this
    setback and finishes that LAST Chemo session.

What a wonderful duughter you are!

Thank you for the update. Let us know how it goes.

Hugs,

Sylvia
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    sea60 said:

Hoping that your Mom recovers from this
    setback and finishes that LAST Chemo session.

What a wonderful duughter you are!

Thank you for the update. Let us know how it goes.

Hugs,

Sylvia

I too am sorry
    But know that this is just a set back. It seems many of us experience such infections which turn into blood infections and can quite quickly. I was well in the morning and by lunch time I was being admitted with infection out of control. I spent 8 days in hospital with most on antibiotics and my next chemo which would have been number three was delayed till they were sure I was out of the infection phase.
    One thing I do know about distance since my family live far away the phone calls mean just as much and is such a wonderful way of showing how much you care. I phone my parents daily as they did when I was ill and I felt their love as if it was closer than a phone call away.
    My thoughts are with you
    Tara
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    24242 said:

I too am sorry
    But know that this is just a set back. It seems many of us experience such infections which turn into blood infections and can quite quickly. I was well in the morning and by lunch time I was being admitted with infection out of control. I spent 8 days in hospital with most on antibiotics and my next chemo which would have been number three was delayed till they were sure I was out of the infection phase.
    One thing I do know about distance since my family live far away the phone calls mean just as much and is such a wonderful way of showing how much you care. I phone my parents daily as they did when I was ill and I felt their love as if it was closer than a phone call away.
    My thoughts are with you
    Tara

Hoping your mom's infection clears
    I was in the hospital for 5 days after my last chemo for some type of infection. The IV antibiotics can do wonders and tend to work really quickly.

Sending positive energy that she improves very soon.

Hugs, Renee
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    So sorry
    to hear about your mom's complications with port infection. I hope she continues to heal. My port will be flushed the first week in Jan since I finished chemo last week. I think it will be removed shortly after that. Wishing you and your family a happy holiday.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    missrenee said:

Hoping your mom's infection clears
    I was in the hospital for 5 days after my last chemo for some type of infection. The IV antibiotics can do wonders and tend to work really quickly.

Sending positive energy that she improves very soon.

Hugs, Renee

Praying for your Mother!
    Praying that the antibiotics will help your Mother. Sending cyber hugs!

Sue :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    cahjah75 said:

So sorry
    to hear about your mom's complications with port infection. I hope she continues to heal. My port will be flushed the first week in Jan since I finished chemo last week. I think it will be removed shortly after that. Wishing you and your family a happy holiday.
    {{hugs}} Char

I pray your Mother will get
    I pray your Mother will get better and that the infection will be gone from the medicine she is taking.

Hugs, Leeza