:-)
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Buckwirth said:

Write it here!
    I'm sure I would enjoy reading it!

:-)

I can not believe someone
    I can not believe someone had the nerve to write that ullshit, when everyone in this board is suffering. Some less than pthers , but that was inapproPriate request.
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    ketziah35 said:

I can not believe someone
    I can not believe someone had the nerve to write that ullshit, when everyone in this board is suffering. Some less than pthers , but that was inapproPriate request.

And in all likelihood - lies, all lies.
    Probably just a scam for money. While I posted that I thought it was a scam, I didn't Flag it. Was curious if others saw it the way I did. Obviously, someone saw it and yanked it quickly.
  • ketziah35
    abrub said:

And in all likelihood - lies, all lies.
    Probably just a scam for money. While I posted that I thought it was a scam, I didn't Flag it. Was curious if others saw it the way I did. Obviously, someone saw it and yanked it quickly.

Praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord!
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    ketziah35 said:

Praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord!

What did I miss?
    Gail

What did I miss?

Gail
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    plh4gail said:

What did I miss?
    Gail

What did I miss?

Gail

Gail:
    There was a post this am where someone was going on about a little girl with leukemia and they were trying to collect $10.00 from each state to pay for treatment. Directed you to a link to donate. Was, I think, their first post. Personally, I think it was a scam to get your computer info or credit card info. I just responded that they were looking in the wrong place, our people are suffering enough, and their post was inappropriate.

Mystery solved - I flagged the post but others may have also.

Tina
  • ketziah35
    plh4gail said:

What did I miss?
    Gail

What did I miss?

Gail

A post asking for money for
    A post asking for money for "a child with leukemia". This was for supportforneed or something like that. They listed a link to give money. The post was removed.
  • plh4gail
    geotina said:

Gail:
    There was a post this am where someone was going on about a little girl with leukemia and they were trying to collect $10.00 from each state to pay for treatment. Directed you to a link to donate. Was, I think, their first post. Personally, I think it was a scam to get your computer info or credit card info. I just responded that they were looking in the wrong place, our people are suffering enough, and their post was inappropriate.

Mystery solved - I flagged the post but others may have also.

Tina

Thank's Tina. I haven't seen
    Thank's Tina. I haven't seen any of the scams on here yet but I hear other's talking about them. Can't believe how some people can behave.

Gail
  • plh4gail
    ketziah35 said:

A post asking for money for
    A post asking for money for "a child with leukemia". This was for supportforneed or something like that. They listed a link to give money. The post was removed.

Does it happen often here?

• ketziah35
    plh4gail said:

I do not know, but I would
    I do not know, but I would be wary of something like that coming up from a source that is not a trusted source. I have never seen that "person" nor in other boards I visit.

CaLl. Me old fashioned, but I generally think that it is in poor taste to ask for money from people who are going through medical issues.
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    plh4gail said:

It's happened a few times
    in the year I've been on here.

Other scams include spending time online, creating a persona that garners interest and sympathy, and then asking for help, over a period of months.

There was an 18 year old "kid" on last year who ostensibly had a rare leukemia, a young son, parents who didn't care, on and on. Then her "cousin" posted that she'd died. Lots of tugging on heartstrings, but someone's daughter noticed that the photos she used were of a sit-com actress and baby - the holes started becoming obvious.

That one hurt a lot of people because we gave emotionally,and to realize we'd been emotionally abused was hard.
  • abrub said:

Other scams include spending time online, creating a persona that garners interest and sympathy, and then asking for help, over a period of months.

There was an 18 year old "kid" on last year who ostensibly had a rare leukemia, a young son, parents who didn't care, on and on. Then her "cousin" posted that she'd died. Lots of tugging on heartstrings, but someone's daughter noticed that the photos she used were of a sit-com actress and baby - the holes started becoming obvious.

That one hurt a lot of people because we gave emotionally,and to realize we'd been emotionally abused was hard.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • plh4gail
    abrub said:

EW
    Oh my gosh. I can't believe someone would do that. Really. I know people scam for money, but to be so .... I don't know....involved. That is sick.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

All Scams
    Apparently they are only on the first chapter of "How to Scam Friends and Influence People". How many times have we all seen the stories in local papers about little old ladies (and men) who get swindled out of their life savings that they keep at home because they don't believe in banks. So one comes up with some sob story or they sell them aluminum siding or some crap. I think often people are too embarrassed to say anything too.

The kicker part? Here WE are with cancer while these scumbags are out being scam-bags....
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    There was a story in our
    There was a story in our local papers about a young woman (~ 23) who pretended to have cancer, shaved her head, etc. Friends + others donated a lot of money to her + then it came out she did not have cancer. She is being prosecuted for fraud. If the request on here was legitimate, I am truly sorry but this is not the place to ask for money.
  • ketziah35
    AnneCan said:

There was a story in our
    There was a story in our local papers about a young woman (~ 23) who pretended to have cancer, shaved her head, etc. Friends + others donated a lot of money to her + then it came out she did not have cancer. She is being prosecuted for fraud. If the request on here was legitimate, I am truly sorry but this is not the place to ask for money.

This is not the place to ask for money
    I concur!