Christmas

Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Celebrating Christmas this afternoon. Chemo #4 Tuesday; know that I won't be up to it after. Accepting prayers from everyone for no side effects. I overdid it with the cleaning. Exhaustion set in yesterday. Rested the whole day, went to bed early last night. Took Xanax and slept well. Will be all right; will enjoy my Christmas celebration but have to remember to "go slow" not able to do everything as before. This is my mistake. When having a good day tend to push too hard and pay for it the next. Not cooking; going to pick it up dinner from a caterer, they don't deliver. Wanted to remind everyone that we have to accept that we are sick, not able to do what we used, how we used to and not to feel guilty about it. This has been a rough ride so need to enjoy this day of celebration. Thanks for listening.

Comments

• cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    A very Merry Christmas to
    A very Merry Christmas to you today.......hope you enjoy the day and evening! You are right, we cannot do what we once did and should not feel guilty. May you find peace this holiday season, and positive thoughts for a no side effect chemo infusion this week.
    Hugs
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Jean,
    Keeping my fingers crossed that you have an easy time with your treatment on Tuesday. Try to take it easy. Sending prayers & hugs your way. Jean
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Jean have a great
    Jean have a great christmas!
    Its easy to over do it when you have a short window of feeling good...your mind tells ya you can but your body says HECK NO, and yes your body will make you pay for it later!
    Im just sorry you have to have chemo just before xmas and that you have to have it at all.
    Have a great day and just relax and enjoy it...too bad they wont deliver your dinner, but at least your not cooking and wearing yourself out again.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    Our bodies do take a toll from chemo. I definitely don't have energy to do alot of cleaning house. I have this whole week portioned out to lab appt, bake, laundry and clean house. We do what we can when we can. Good luck with 4th chemo. And, have yourself a merry Christmas :-)
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Jean
    I had a easier time with (last) #4 chemo than all the others. Maybe because I knew it was my last treatment. I don't know but I bounced back quicker. Maybe you will too.
    I agree with the strength we once had. The other day hubby and I went to do errands in the morning came home had lunch then I went out to pick up Mom took her grocery shopping, which took 2 hours, she is slow then dropped her off carried in her groceries went home cooked supper. I could have done this before I got sick with no problem but I was so exhausted while making dinner I had my husband come in to help me. I took Larazpam after I ate just to relax. I haven't taken that pill in over a month back when I had chemo. I wonder if my stamina will return eventually. I have alot of energy most of the day but by afternoon I'm getting tired. I hardly ever take a nap, maybe I need to.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Merry Christmas Jean!! I
    Merry Christmas Jean!! I hope it was wonderful!

And yes, the prayers are on they way.

Hugs,

Linda
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Merry Christmas Jean!! I
    Merry Christmas Jean!! I hope it was wonderful!

And yes, the prayers are on they way.

Hugs,

Linda

Jean .. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays ..
    Enjoy the season to the best of your abilities -- don't over do it, or like you know - you will spend the next day or so in bed! Gotta love the wonderful side efforts of Chemo - NOT! Praying for you and an easy go this round of chemo.

schedule your day on your energy level - as suggested above - it's a sure way to get folks to chip in and help!

Blessings for you.

Vicki Sam
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    how about everyone bring something
    then no cooking..etc..I have told all my friends/ family dont' offer anything they DON"T MEAN cuz I will (and HAVE) take them up on their offers..

cleaning, cooking, shopping etc...

maybe you could spearhead and assign everyone project or job, errand...