Done with my Big Day with Scan Results and then My Chemo, Huh!

truckingalong
truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
I had been anxious for 6 days waiting for the results of my scans til yesterday. Since my onc is out on vacation, his assist dr., Lisa who works closely with me talked with him before he left. Finally yesterday, Lisa immediately told me that all of my cancer is gone. I am dumbfounded and speechless.

John wants me to show the info: On the report, Neck, abdomen and pelvis - there has been "interval resolution of the hypermetabolic mediastinal and axillary lymph nodes". "Skeleton: there is diffuse marrow activity consistent with the history of recent Neupogen (I had that shot the previous day with 480 mg.) However, there is decreased activity in the region of the previous abnormal uptake in the bilateral sacrum and left posterior ileum. "Diffuse marrow activity due to marrow stimulation. Decreased activity in the sacrum and left posterior ileum is in the region of previously noted abnormal activity, suggesting marrow replacement." IMPRESSION:INTERVAL RESULTION OF A HYPERMETABLOIC ADENOPATHY (DR. WROTE "Good news! Resolution needs 6 cycles"

Oh, shoot, I forgot to ask about the spinal treatment (see Vinny's post) but will see dr. next Tues. and ask him about that. Anyway, right after this meeting, I walked to the infusion center to receive my 9th chemo and still 3 more to go - my last one set on Jan 25th - yes, also for Sue's scan and John's birthday so this shall be a blessed day for all of us! Well, I am a lot happier but feel like still have to run a longer marathon with this - now feeling pains in my tummy sipping tea but think I can eat oatmeal... I can see flicker of light at end of tunnel now... BIG THANK YOU for your moral support and sharing!!!

Hugs,
Liz

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Happy for you!
    Hi Liz,
    I thought about you yesterday while I was getting my last infusion and said a prayer that all would be good for you. We both have this week where we will be feeling a bit crumby from our infusions, but... nothing we can't get through...right? Jan 25th is going to be a "great" day with good news to share all the way around!Next week we should be hearing from Tom and his scan results. Keeping him in my prayers for remission also!Hope we hear from Fran, as she had her infusions on Monday and Tuesday. Take care Liz and just stay peaceful and get plenty of rest...thats what I'm going to be doing.
    Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • truckingalong
    allmost60 said:

Happy for you!
    Hi Liz,
    I thought about you yesterday while I was getting my last infusion and said a prayer that all would be good for you. We both have this week where we will be feeling a bit crumby from our infusions, but... nothing we can't get through...right? Jan 25th is going to be a "great" day with good news to share all the way around!Next week we should be hearing from Tom and his scan results. Keeping him in my prayers for remission also!Hope we hear from Fran, as she had her infusions on Monday and Tuesday. Take care Liz and just stay peaceful and get plenty of rest...thats what I'm going to be doing.
    Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Thanks for the kind words and support
    Hi, Sue,

Yes, saying prayers do make all the difference, I really believe that. Thank you, dear.

Yes, we gotta rest - not easy to do!! But I am getting better at it, smile.

I will be thinking of Tom and Fran and Lisha who I hope her situation improves.

Hugs,
    Liz
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member

Thanks for the kind words and support
    Hi, Sue,

Yes, saying prayers do make all the difference, I really believe that. Thank you, dear.

Yes, we gotta rest - not easy to do!! But I am getting better at it, smile.

I will be thinking of Tom and Fran and Lisha who I hope her situation improves.

Hugs,
    Liz

good news
    Great News Liz!!!!!!! Vinny
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    vinny59 said:

good news
    Great News Liz!!!!!!! Vinny

Yes!
    Wonderful news Liz! Congratulations.

Beth
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Great News!!!!
    Liz,
    It it is really nice to hear wonderful news. Congratulations.John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • COBRA666
    Great News!!!!
    Liz,
    It it is really nice to hear wonderful news. Congratulations.John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Your big day
    Hi Liz, What wonderful news. I am imagining your thoughts and expression when you heard the cancer is gone. I don't understand the medical terms of the pet scan. But, it sounds good to me.

Continued remission and prayers from me. Maggie
  • truckingalong

Your big day
    Hi Liz, What wonderful news. I am imagining your thoughts and expression when you heard the cancer is gone. I don't understand the medical terms of the pet scan. But, it sounds good to me.

Continued remission and prayers from me. Maggie

Sigh of Relief
    Thanks all -

Yes, Maggie - I don't understand the medical terms either but yeah - good news! Thanks for your prayers.

Liz
  • cookingirl
    cookingirl Member Posts: 183 Member
    Liz - can't imagine any more
    Liz - can't imagine any more exciting words than "your cancer is all gone"!!!!!! Way to go - so thrilled for you. I pray we will each hear those words one day in 2011. Haven't heard of having quite so many chemo treatments in one block - or are you running back to back as I am? 12 seems like more than most - sorry I can't keep track of everyone's treatment with his chemo brain!

Merry Christmas - you have a true miracle to celebrate! Fran
  • tcvine
    tcvine Member Posts: 174
    Super news, Liz
    Congratulations, Liz.
    This is GREAT to hear! It makes the rest of your chemo cycles mostly an uncomfortable exercise in completion - but no worries.

Yes, this is what we all want to hear.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and I expect to celebrate with you in January after your final results.

Tom (DLBCL-4-7/10)
  • truckingalong

Liz - can't imagine any more
    Liz - can't imagine any more exciting words than "your cancer is all gone"!!!!!! Way to go - so thrilled for you. I pray we will each hear those words one day in 2011. Haven't heard of having quite so many chemo treatments in one block - or are you running back to back as I am? 12 seems like more than most - sorry I can't keep track of everyone's treatment with his chemo brain!

Merry Christmas - you have a true miracle to celebrate! Fran

More forward going - easier to cope
    Thanks, Fran and Tom for congrats!

Yes, 3 more chemo treatments because my onc wants to be sure I am totally clean and that it is "standard" to have 12 chemo treatments. Well, anyway, I find it more positive to look ahead knowing that I will reach the destination of Jan 25th. I will have lots to "clean up" when all that is done - my teeth are a mess and hopefully my neuropathy will go away, etc. But I do wonder every week if I get real bad days - so far not too bad, ha!! Knock on wood.

Happy holidays too!

Liz
  • COBRA666

More forward going - easier to cope
    Thanks, Fran and Tom for congrats!

Yes, 3 more chemo treatments because my onc wants to be sure I am totally clean and that it is "standard" to have 12 chemo treatments. Well, anyway, I find it more positive to look ahead knowing that I will reach the destination of Jan 25th. I will have lots to "clean up" when all that is done - my teeth are a mess and hopefully my neuropathy will go away, etc. But I do wonder every week if I get real bad days - so far not too bad, ha!! Knock on wood.

Happy holidays too!

Liz

Great News!!!!
    Liz,
    It is great to hear they can't see anything. Exactly what was your diagnosis. I did not keep a guide to everyones diagnosis like some did. I should have. I am sure Sue would know. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Yeah
    What a wonderful Christmas present. I am so happy for you!!!
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Yeah
  • truckingalong
    JoanieP said:

Yeah

Thanks
    Thanks, John, Tom and Joanie,

Still have to pinch myself to feel this is for real!!

John, my diagnosis is Hodgkins Lymphoma, Stage 4, B symptoms. So I am getting ABVD cocktail of chemo treatments. Thanks for asking.

Happy holidays
    Liz