It's official - I am on a break

Options
AnneCan
AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, I met with my onc today + am on a chemo break until the 2nd week in January. I am torn between elation + panic. I will have a CT scan on the 23rd of December (9:15 PM no less!) + she will look at the report + meet with me the 2nd week of January to discuss whether I will stay on my current chemo cocktail (folfiri + avastin) or whether I will be switched to something else (probably something w/erubitux). By the way Pepe I told her how you encouraged me to go to the dinner on Saturday, + she found that very interesting - she says I need to party more!

Comments

• Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your break &
    Congrats on your break & enjoy the holiday season.
    Wow, 915 scan? You got the night shift!
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Options
    congrats
    congrats Anne and yes you do need some party time lots of hugs Tina
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    A break
    I understand your worry over the break, but at least it gives you a chance to enjoy Christmas. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    It's officially Party Time!! :D
    You should be elated for the break, Anne :) That's my prescription... elation!

You'll be surprised just how fast this break goes... and Dec 23rd is just next week! Yikes! That means Christmas is next week too!! Sooooo much to do... baking, gift-wrapping and let's not forget a few social parties have to be squeezed in. You might have to tell her you need a longer break so you can have a break from all the holiday activities :D

I'll be interested in hearing what your plan is after the scan... whether you stay on your current regime or go with the erubitux combo.

Have fun... you deserve this break!!

(remember... no matter how well we might be responding to a chemo, our bodies do need a break from it, just so they can rebuild anything the chemo may have worn down... so a break is every bit as good as when the chemo is working)

Cheryl
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

It's officially Party Time!! :D
    You should be elated for the break, Anne :) That's my prescription... elation!

You'll be surprised just how fast this break goes... and Dec 23rd is just next week! Yikes! That means Christmas is next week too!! Sooooo much to do... baking, gift-wrapping and let's not forget a few social parties have to be squeezed in. You might have to tell her you need a longer break so you can have a break from all the holiday activities :D

I'll be interested in hearing what your plan is after the scan... whether you stay on your current regime or go with the erubitux combo.

Have fun... you deserve this break!!

(remember... no matter how well we might be responding to a chemo, our bodies do need a break from it, just so they can rebuild anything the chemo may have worn down... so a break is every bit as good as when the chemo is working)

Cheryl

Great dear Enjoy the break!
    Hugas!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Break
    This will be a good break for you through the holidays and can understand your mixed feelings about it. Wow that seems really late to be having a scan. Hoping that it comes out good and your appointment goes well. Enjoy the break.

Kim
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    No panic allowed
    Enjoy the break Anne. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous.
    I had a late night MRI once. It was actually kind of nice.

Have a great chemo free Christmas.

Roger