I'm on pins and needles!

missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
In Nov. I was one-year post diagnosis. Had lumpectomy and re-excision in Dec. of '09 along with an axillary node dissection. Result--Stage 3C, 10+ nodes. Pet Scan clear. 6 rounds of TAC ending in May, 33 rads ending in July.

I just had my mammo, ultrasound and bilateral breast MRI on Dec. 8. (last Wednesday). No call from the surgeon's yet. I just called their office and they close at 4! I'm so scared. All I want for Christmas is clear scans--that's it!

Should I have heard by now--or does it usually take this long to get the news. Is no news, good news? I go back and forth with my thinking. I'm calling first thing in the a.m. I just needed to get this out.

Thanks for listening, girls.

Hugs, Renee

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Just make you wanna swear
    I would bet money that it's good news. My onc. call me within 24 hrs of a pet that didn't look good. God Bless, relax, and enjoy life..hugs Alison
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Just make you wanna swear
    I would bet money that it's good news. My onc. call me within 24 hrs of a pet that didn't look good. God Bless, relax, and enjoy life..hugs Alison

Yes, I agree. They say no
    Yes, I agree. They say no news is good news and you probably would have heard by now if it wasn't.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Yes, I agree. They say no
    Yes, I agree. They say no news is good news and you probably would have heard by now if it wasn't.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Thats what I thought too. I
    Thats what I thought too. I am going to call Santa and tell him what you want for Christmas! When I was first diagnosed in 1994 it did not take so long to receive news, now it seems longer and longer and more excrutiating! Positive vibes your way!!!
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    carkris said:

Thats what I thought too. I
    Thats what I thought too. I am going to call Santa and tell him what you want for Christmas! When I was first diagnosed in 1994 it did not take so long to receive news, now it seems longer and longer and more excrutiating! Positive vibes your way!!!

You know what?
    The results are sitting in a pile by the fax machine, the non urgent pile that some little snip at the doctor's office was supposed to take care of, but she didn't because she got there late because she's having boyfriend problems and her car doesn't work and she's 20 years old and has NO idea how crazy we get when we don't get our results!!!

That's what I think:). And I know how you feel. Waiting is horrible.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Renee,
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Hugs, Jean
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    aisling8 said:

You know what?
    The results are sitting in a pile by the fax machine, the non urgent pile that some little snip at the doctor's office was supposed to take care of, but she didn't because she got there late because she's having boyfriend problems and her car doesn't work and she's 20 years old and has NO idea how crazy we get when we don't get our results!!!

That's what I think:). And I know how you feel. Waiting is horrible.

xoxo
    Victoria

everything is ok
    that is so funny Victoria,and that is so true they be on the phone and forgeting to do their job,but really if it was bad news you would have had it by now so relax.sending relaxing thoughts and big hugs. MollyZ
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Renee,
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Hugs, Jean

Let's go with no new's is
    Let's go with no new's is good new's. Hugs
    Kathy
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    No News is Good
    Hi, Renee, in my experience, the mammo and ultrasound techs act quickly when they see, or think they see, anything suspicious in someone with a history of cancer. The radiology doctor responsible for reading the mammos and looking at the ultrasound would not want you to leave before he/she looked at the films. I'd be really scared if I were asked to wait at the clinic.

Also, when the results are clear, getting back to you is not usually a high priority, or as high as it should be, I guess I should say. All this is based on my 2 years of post-treatment scan experiences.

Of course you are scared, and I hope you get good test results tomorrow. Just a reminder: you can always go to the radiology dpt and get copies of your reports. The staff will most likely assume that your doctor has already contacted you.

As time passes, the waiting for test results will get a bit easier. Wishing you the best news, and clear sailing to a wonderful Christmas.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    The no news
    is good news is the best theory. If there was a problem you would have heard right away. If all is well they are in no hurry to let you know!

Hugs,
    Georgia