Anyone having trouble with bloodshot eyes

NJMom10
NJMom10 Member Posts: 176
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My eyes have been bloodshot consistently since after my port was put in and haven't really changed much since. I've done 4 rounds of AC, neo-adjuvant and have 4 rounds of Taxol to go. I've brought this up to the oncologist and he hasn't really offered any concern or explanation. Anyone else have this problem.

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    I did not have bloodshot eyes, but
    my eyes and nose ran like faucets throughout chemo and a few weeks after. Maybe your eyes are just a little irritated and more sensitive from the treatments. Or, maybe they are reacting to some allergin that they never reacted to before. The body chemistry so changes during treatment. If your onc. isn't concerned, I'd try not to be either.

Good luck and hugs,
    Renee
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    missrenee said:

I did not have bloodshot eyes, but
    my eyes and nose ran like faucets throughout chemo and a few weeks after. Maybe your eyes are just a little irritated and more sensitive from the treatments. Or, maybe they are reacting to some allergin that they never reacted to before. The body chemistry so changes during treatment. If your onc. isn't concerned, I'd try not to be either.

Good luck and hugs,
    Renee

Blood shot eyes .. yes, nose and eyes runnin g
    like a leaking faucets yes .. I have both symptoms since September 2009 when I started my TCH chemo cocktails - and they seemed to get better this past September .. until I went into the night USC/Oregon ducks College football game - very windy, cold (for us Southern Californian's) .. the whipping wind, chilled my body and every bone -- my eye dripped for 2 hours .. and continue for the past 6 weeks. My nose dripping has stopped by my eyes seem so tormented by any sun light, wind or strain. I've started using eye drops again .. which seem to help.

My preference -- eye drops to create tears, and every 3rd day - allergy relief. It appears to be helping.

Good luck .. and please speak with your doctor or doctors check to see if they have a solution for you.

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam