My dear wonderful pets

poopergirl14052
poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
My two dogs are amazing and they rarely leave my sidr. they know when i am not feeling well and stay close even outside the bathroom door!! My one little shitzu slepth with mr and peed on the bed as she would't leave me Do any of you have pets? they help me stay focused also I am buying them a nice big bone of course they can't replace the humans in my life as they are more for me to love and who love me...Val

Comments

• Chemo_Princess
    Chemo_Princess Member Posts: 105
    Fur babies
    I have 3 cats. They have helped me cope with having cancer. They too can tell when I'm not feeling well and will curl up in my lap and purr. One of them is just like a dog--he is always close by and he sleeps in my bed every night. He even knows how to sit and play fetch. lol. I don't know what I would do without them!!!!
    Blessings,
    Natalie
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    My Sugar Girl
    I saw this post and through the years of fighting ovarian cancer and the results of the aggressive surgeries, I have had three different Golden Retrievers. They have been such a blessing and definitely know when I was very ill. My husband is now battling cancer (esophagal) and Sugar is the sweetest and most loving dog. She stays by my husband's side, pacing if he goes outside. Pets bring us such joy and unconditional love.

God Bless all of you,

Linda
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    My constant companion
    Yup... I have a Golden Retriever named Marley. He stays even closer beside me after chemo infusions. He just seems to be able to read when I need him to be even more calm. I often wonder what the strong chemicals from a chemo infusion must smell like to the pets in our homes who have their amazing sense of smell.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    MY SWEET MOKEY
    I swore I would never get a dog - didn't want the training, the cleaning, etc. But in 2000, just a few months after my surgery and during chemo, my daughter's friend brought her new little puppy, a Chocolate Lab, for a visit. She informed us that there were 7 more in the litter (hint, hint!). In a matter of days we had visited the breeder, and chosen our new little pooch whom our daugthers lovingly named, Mokey. From that day forward we were all blessed with Mokey's presence, her faithfulness, the joy that she brought to us. She stayed by my side constantly. She always knew when I was having a rough time, and never left me. Everyone began to call her 'My Shadow'. When I had a recurrance in 2006, it was no different - she was always there with me, no matter what.

We had to put our sweet doggie down this past August. She was 10 years young, and it broke our hearts. Today we still long for her, her companionship, the laughter she provided, and just her being her. There is still such a void, and we still expect to see her when we walk in the door, hear her jingling collar, be able to just pet her. It's just not the same without her. I can only hope that she knew how much we loved her, and appreciate all the love and joy she brought to us.

Needless to say, I truly understand the value of our beloved pets - no matter how small, no matter for how long - they are a blessing from God!

(((HUGS)))
    Monika