Shout out to Chenheart

cookie97
cookie97 Member Posts: 200
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Thank you so much for starting this entire ornament exchange, it has totaly taken my mind to a wonderful place. My 13 yo went shopping with me today, as I explained that I had a pen pal to send a gift to. Oh my we had the best time! (Sorry to my pen pal it will be mailed tomorrow)Anyhoo my daughter and I then went to lunch; and I listened to her describe me as a nice and understanding MOM to her friends I almost cried! I had forgotten how long it has been that I have spent that much quality time with my child, because it has all been sooo much about my cancer. She and I forgot for just a liitle while, and the world was perfect!

I Love you dearly for this escape,
Peace and Love,
Edie

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Edie...
    I'm so glad you enjoyed the day with your young daughter! Yes!, it's very important to take the time to just "be" - even if in the midst of invasive treatment. Good for the mind, heart & spirit to "get away" from cancer whenever possible.

I hope you enjoy many more times like today especially over these next several weeks during the holiday season. Merry Christmas to you & your loved ones!

Kind regards, Susan
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    what a wonderful opportunity to share a pleasant moment
    I am so happy you took the opportunity to spend a girls afternoon together with your daughter. We all can benefit from these special times. It is so easy to get caught up with all the BC treatment, appointments and all that goes with this journey.Savor and create more special moments along this long and difficult road.
    Hugs, K
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    So glad you had a great day
    So glad you had a great day with your daughter, this is what life is all about.
    Thank you so much chen, the circle always widens and you never know what and who you can touch. You always touch us in such a positive way!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    KayNYC said:

what a wonderful opportunity to share a pleasant moment
    I am so happy you took the opportunity to spend a girls afternoon together with your daughter. We all can benefit from these special times. It is so easy to get caught up with all the BC treatment, appointments and all that goes with this journey.Savor and create more special moments along this long and difficult road.
    Hugs, K

Oh, Edie--what a great gift
    to spend some wonderful quality time with your child. My son is 30, is married and has a busy schedule, but we try to go to lunch once or twice a week--and it's just the best. So glad you had a great afternoon with your precious daughter. So nice to have just a "regular" day sometimes.

Hugs, Renee