Fattest Christmas Tree

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Jake and I went to a Christmas tree farm yesterday to cut our own tree for the first time for both of us.
Some of you have seen my post on FB and have gotten a chuckle.
It is the fattest tree. Once it was on my car-Toyota Echo-it hung over the sides of the roof. When I brought it into the house it got stuck in the front door and I had to go out the back door to a neighbors house to have him come and pull it inside the house. Thank god I have a sturdy stand and a big piece of wood on the rug for stability. The tree takes over 1/2 the living room.

As we were driving I think people were either laughing at our small car carrying such a big tree or they were wondering how big our house was.

Will try and post pictures soon.

Happy Holidays to all.

Margo

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    What fun! I love a fat
    What fun! I love a fat tree.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member

What fun! I love a fat
    What fun! I love a fat tree.

Me too I LOVE big Christmas
    Me too I LOVE big Christmas trees, whether they're tall or fat!!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Oh Margo.. what fun... I'm
    Oh Margo.. what fun... I'm glad the neighbor helped you get it into the house...lol One of my very favorite Christmas memories, (though not real funny at the time) was when my children & I picked out the perfect tree...it was all the way in the back of the lot...we all thought it was perfect... well, we got it home..into the house and low and behold it took up 1/2 the living room.. then there was a big knot on the base of the trunk so it took twice as long set in the base... after the lights and decorations were put on and we were all tucked in bed fast a sleep a crash came from the living room.... our cat had tried to crawl up it and the base & knot were just too much and down came the tree... lost some ornimants that year including a couple the children had made... :0( that made me sad ... but fear not, they made me more... and we had a wonderful Christmas.. and thought we still had the most beautiful tree around!!

Wishing you & Jake a very Merry Christmas!

Hugs,
    ~T
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    What a wonderful picture you
    What a wonderful picture you paint! Merry Christmas!
  • tommaseena

What a wonderful picture you
    What a wonderful picture you paint! Merry Christmas!

lights
    9 huge sets of lights for the tree--ornaments will be put on later--some each night--I am too pooped.

Jake's star is on the top.

This tree will not fall over--huge stand and nice piece piece of wood under it for stability. I even slid the tree over on the wood and it never even twitched in the stand so it is in there real good.

Margo
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

lights
    9 huge sets of lights for the tree--ornaments will be put on later--some each night--I am too pooped.

Jake's star is on the top.

This tree will not fall over--huge stand and nice piece piece of wood under it for stability. I even slid the tree over on the wood and it never even twitched in the stand so it is in there real good.

Margo

Margo,
    A big, fat tree

Margo,
    A big, fat tree sounds just wonderful. Lots of room for all the ornaments that Jake has made over the years I am sure. Had to laugh about the tree that fell over. When our cats were young (there were 3 of them then) then would climb up our artifical tree and sit in the branches way back by the base and peek out. So cute but as they got bigger it got less cute. Stopped using glass ornaments as they would either knock over the tree or knock off the ornaments. There are only 2 cats now and they don't climb just chew on the tree. Silly pets. Hope everyone has the tree of their dreams and the Christmas of their heart.
    Stef
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    fauxma said:

Margo,
    A big, fat tree

Margo,
    A big, fat tree sounds just wonderful. Lots of room for all the ornaments that Jake has made over the years I am sure. Had to laugh about the tree that fell over. When our cats were young (there were 3 of them then) then would climb up our artifical tree and sit in the branches way back by the base and peek out. So cute but as they got bigger it got less cute. Stopped using glass ornaments as they would either knock over the tree or knock off the ornaments. There are only 2 cats now and they don't climb just chew on the tree. Silly pets. Hope everyone has the tree of their dreams and the Christmas of their heart.
    Stef

Margo .. what a hysterical photo .. and story
    I bet ya .. Jake was smiling all the home, and sat in front of your tree - just beeming!

What a wonderful way to start your holiday season off!

Vicki Sam
  • tommaseena
    VickiSam said:

Margo .. what a hysterical photo .. and story
    I bet ya .. Jake was smiling all the home, and sat in front of your tree - just beeming!

What a wonderful way to start your holiday season off!

Vicki Sam

just measured the tree
    Just measured the tree--7 1/2 feet from right to left and 7 1/2 feet from front to back and 7 1/2 feet from top to bottom. I was crazy--next year tape measure will be in my pocket when we go to pick one out and measure before we start to cut it. I will have to get all decorations that I have from all the years to fill this tree.

Lesson really learned--this is a tip for all--take a tape measure with you when you go to get a tree.

LOL

Hugs to all,
    Margo and Jake

P.S. Jake's star almost didn't make it to the top--almost had to cut some of the top off to get it on but the top of the star touches the ceiling so softly.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462

just measured the tree
    Just measured the tree--7 1/2 feet from right to left and 7 1/2 feet from front to back and 7 1/2 feet from top to bottom. I was crazy--next year tape measure will be in my pocket when we go to pick one out and measure before we start to cut it. I will have to get all decorations that I have from all the years to fill this tree.

Lesson really learned--this is a tip for all--take a tape measure with you when you go to get a tree.

LOL

Hugs to all,
    Margo and Jake

P.S. Jake's star almost didn't make it to the top--almost had to cut some of the top off to get it on but the top of the star touches the ceiling so softly.

Hi Margo,
    This is funny! I'm sure it is BEAUTIFUL! Hope you have enough decorations for such a big tree. We would all love to see a picture when you are done! Hugs, Jean
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Margo
    sounds like you had a lot of fun and a challenge! Because I had last chemo this week I sent my husband to do it himself. He got one that was too short! I don't care now that it's decorated. Enjoy!
    {{hugs}} Char