Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer at 25

Rosanna1
Rosanna1 Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I am new to this site and I am glad I have found a place to turn to. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 ovarian cancer at 25. I am cancer free now for almost 2 years.
I had both ovaries removed but I still have my uterus. Finding out I can never have biological children of my own was the most devestating thing. Everyone around me was getting pregnant and I wanted nothing more than to become a mom. People tried talking to me but I feel that they can never understand how I feel.
I am only months away from my 2 year scan which is a big step. I want to try to get pregnant via donor eggs by the end of 2011 but I am scared. Is there anyone on this site that is in a similiar situation or has been where I am? I have so many questions and feel like I have no answers.

Comments

• Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Rosanna.....you are very
    Rosanna.....you are very young to have to deal with this disease, and my heart goes out to you. I am a bit surprised that your gyn/oncologist did not insist on doing a radical hysterectomy. Stage 3 is nothing to mess with.

What type of chemo did you have?

This is a wonderful place to learn and receive support.

Carlene
  • Chemo_Princess
    Chemo_Princess Member Posts: 105
    Children
    Hi Rosanna,
    I too am a young survivor. I was diagnosed with ovca stage 3c at age 30. I'm 32 now and haven't gone into remission yet but I'm not giving up!! I understand about not being able to have children. I opted for a total hysterectomy along with ovary removal. At first I was really upset knowing that I can't have children. Luckily I have 3 nieces and a nephew to spoil :) Also if I can ever get rid of this cancer adoption is an option.
    Congrats on your 2 years being cancer free!! We all need to hear positive stories like yours. I wish you the best of luck in having a child!!
    Many blessings to you,
    Natalie
  • Christine B.
    Christine B. Member Posts: 137
    Pregnancy
    Rosanna, I am sorry that you have to deal with this disease at such a young age, but am glad that you have been cancer free for 2 years! I do not know if in your case you would need to have injections of Pergonal to conceive with donor eggs. I received information from my doctor saying that studies were being done at that time that indicated the possibility that these injections raised the risk for ovarian cancer by I think it was 3 or 4 percent. That was nearly 20 years ago. You might want to ask your doctor and check into the latest research. Sending you the very best of wishes!
    Christine
  • Rosanna1

Rosanna.....you are very
    Rosanna.....you are very young to have to deal with this disease, and my heart goes out to you. I am a bit surprised that your gyn/oncologist did not insist on doing a radical hysterectomy. Stage 3 is nothing to mess with.

What type of chemo did you have?

This is a wonderful place to learn and receive support.

Carlene

He did not want to do a full
    He did not want to do a full hysterectomy because of my young age. I had a very intense chemo treatment which was 5 days long given every 3 weeks for 3 months
  • Rosanna1

Children
    Hi Rosanna,
    I too am a young survivor. I was diagnosed with ovca stage 3c at age 30. I'm 32 now and haven't gone into remission yet but I'm not giving up!! I understand about not being able to have children. I opted for a total hysterectomy along with ovary removal. At first I was really upset knowing that I can't have children. Luckily I have 3 nieces and a nephew to spoil :) Also if I can ever get rid of this cancer adoption is an option.
    Congrats on your 2 years being cancer free!! We all need to hear positive stories like yours. I wish you the best of luck in having a child!!
    Many blessings to you,
    Natalie

Thank you very much!
    Good

Thank you very much!
    Good Luck with your fight!