looking good with cancer

nancy591
nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I read an amusing article about a woman with cancer and how people would always comment how good she looked. I got a chuckle out of it thought you'd might enjoy it too.

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/shared/graphics/Living_Beyond_Cancer/Bridges/Fall_2010.pdf

Comments

• Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Thanks Nancy
    I loved the last line...I feel that way sometimes with my mother...there really is no pleasing her....how can there be? Hope we can cross paths again next week....our appt. is at 10am I think....we'll be there awhile!!
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    PS...You look great :))
    You really do.......Love you!!
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    I guess there is continuity,
    I guess there is continuity, at least, in the way other people react to cancer, when it's not their own. I have heard every single one of those comments, many times over. I'm also at a loss for a response. "Thank you," seems so inadequate, especially since people seldom told me I looked "great" before I got sick, or at least not with the same gusto they do now.

I definitely identify with the cliche overload. Couldn't they just say, "Hello....nice to see you?" Instead, they can hardly hide their surprise that I am still this side of the turf.

Carlene
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Lisa13Q said:

PS...You look great :))
    You really do.......Love you!!

thank you
    I now go every 2 wks. I was there on Wednesday. My next doctor visit is 12/22 at 10am. I do have my CT scan bext Friday but I know your appointment is on Wednesday.