First Treatment

JanMc91
JanMc91 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had my first chemo treatment last Wednesday...still feeling really ill. Not sure if this is totally normal. I thought maybe a day or two I'd not feel well but this has been horrible. Any advice getting over the first hump and staying positive?

Comments

• cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jan
    have you called your oncologist? My side effects have been minimal. I sleep a lot after the Neulasta shot by day 2. Tell us what's bothering you and we can give you more specific info on staying positive and to minimize the se.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Jan
    have you called your oncologist? My side effects have been minimal. I sleep a lot after the Neulasta shot by day 2. Tell us what's bothering you and we can give you more specific info on staying positive and to minimize the se.
    {{hugs}} Char

Char is right, tell us
    Char is right, tell us specifically, most of us have had some if not all and can offer some advice. I did not have a good time with chemo but got through it!
  • JanMc91
    JanMc91 Member Posts: 2
    carkris said:

Char is right, tell us
    Char is right, tell us specifically, most of us have had some if not all and can offer some advice. I did not have a good time with chemo but got through it!

I've just been very
    I've just been very achy...every part of my body hurts..and the stomach problems have been horrible..and so so tired. I was dehyrdated but yesterday I did get some iv's in me so that helped a bit.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Jan
    {{hugs}} Char

Jan, you should call your
    Jan, you should call your oncologist whenever you feel bad. I didn't have chemo, so, I am not much help for giving advice.

Good luck and feel better soon,

Leeza
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    I felt crummy too
    for at least the first week. I took the anti-nausea meds the first 2 days after treatment and that helped, but I did feel queasy and only wanted to eat starch like pasta with some butter. After the neulasta shot, I had bone aches and slept alot. My worst days were days 4, 5 & 6. I was constipated and my onc told me to start using Miralax which really helps (gently). Each treatment brought different side effects for me (I've had 4 of 6 so far). I'm on T-C once every 3 weeks. The meds make a difference as to the side effects.
    Call your onc. No question is too small or trivial. My onc said he could treat any side effect as long as I told him.
    It isn't pleasant, but you'll make it through and get better at it!
    Good Luck,
    JoAnn
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    JanMc91 said:

I've just been very
    I've just been very achy...every part of my body hurts..and the stomach problems have been horrible..and so so tired. I was dehyrdated but yesterday I did get some iv's in me so that helped a bit.

achy
    Jan, The achy...body hurt feeling could be from the nuelesta shot. As for your stomach problems, did you take your emend as directed? If you get constipated try Activia (yogart). It worked great for me. Gingerale or ginger tea will help your stomach.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Keep us posted.
    Hugs
    Annette
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    carkris said:

Char is right, tell us

Chemo wasn't part of my
    Chemo wasn't part of my treatment, but, I hope you feel better soon. How many treatments do you have to take?

Sending hugs and prayers,

Angie
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Good morning Jan, and
    Good morning Jan, and welcome.
    Have you taken the nausea Meds they give you? I also had pain meds. I agree with the others if you are not feeling well call you Dr. Your in my prayers darlin take care Kay, Let us know how your doing..Cute doggie.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    joannstar said:

I felt crummy too
    for at least the first week. I took the anti-nausea meds the first 2 days after treatment and that helped, but I did feel queasy and only wanted to eat starch like pasta with some butter. After the neulasta shot, I had bone aches and slept alot. My worst days were days 4, 5 & 6. I was constipated and my onc told me to start using Miralax which really helps (gently). Each treatment brought different side effects for me (I've had 4 of 6 so far). I'm on T-C once every 3 weeks. The meds make a difference as to the side effects.
    Call your onc. No question is too small or trivial. My onc said he could treat any side effect as long as I told him.
    It isn't pleasant, but you'll make it through and get better at it!
    Good Luck,
    JoAnn

I am so sorry that you feel
    I am so sorry that you feel so crummy. I hope you feel better really soon.

Good luck to you.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

Good morning Jan, and
    Good morning Jan, and welcome.
    Have you taken the nausea Meds they give you? I also had pain meds. I agree with the others if you are not feeling well call you Dr. Your in my prayers darlin take care Kay, Let us know how your doing..Cute doggie.

Welcome Jan
    I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. I was fortunate to have minimal side effects. I cannot add much to what the others have said but wanted to welcome you. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice