Texasgirl...Dawne

weazer
weazer Member Posts: 440
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
How are you feeling after your first chemo?
Let us know.
Karie

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    I have been thinking of her
    I have been thinking of her too. I am hoping she is close to being through this first round. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

I have been thinking of her
    I have been thinking of her too. I am hoping she is close to being through this first round. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Feeling great
    Aww, you both are so kind. I'm feeling great except I'm tired. I was telling Janice that I think I'm tired from the nerves and the ativan they gave me. It honestly wasn't bad at all. I did try to run out of the door when they called me my name. I had a little bit of a break down. It is now real & I can't deny it.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631

Feeling great
    Aww, you both are so kind. I'm feeling great except I'm tired. I was telling Janice that I think I'm tired from the nerves and the ativan they gave me. It honestly wasn't bad at all. I did try to run out of the door when they called me my name. I had a little bit of a break down. It is now real & I can't deny it.

Texas girl
    glad to hear your first chemo went ok. The journey is doable. Take one day at a time and rest when your body says to! I drink lots of water to flush the body. I used plastic ware for eating, Biotene toothpaste and mouthwash. I had no nausea. Mild diarrhea was taken care of by Immodium. After 6 chemo treatments my nails have white ridges, one eye twitches and some foot cramping. But in the scheme of things not bad at all. Yes, I'll have to wait a long time for my hair to come back and especially to color it again! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you continue treatment. Post often and let us know how you're doing.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    cahjah75 said:

Texas girl
    glad to hear your first chemo went ok. The journey is doable. Take one day at a time and rest when your body says to! I drink lots of water to flush the body. I used plastic ware for eating, Biotene toothpaste and mouthwash. I had no nausea. Mild diarrhea was taken care of by Immodium. After 6 chemo treatments my nails have white ridges, one eye twitches and some foot cramping. But in the scheme of things not bad at all. Yes, I'll have to wait a long time for my hair to come back and especially to color it again! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you continue treatment. Post often and let us know how you're doing.
    {{hugs}} Char

doing good
    Hi Char, I'm doing ok tonight. I'm exhausted,but like I said I think it's from the ativan and definetly the nerves. I'm not nausated and hope I don't get that way. I'm just shaking on the inside. Can I get the biotene at walmart or any drug store? I will try it. I'm not having any SE right now,but of course it was just done today. My Onc told me to use Sally Hansen hard as nails, so I put some on last night.
    Thank You for the advice and prayers. I'm praying for you too.

God Bless,

Dawne