Elizabeth Edwards dies after battle with cancer

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    :(
    I just saw this on tv. So sad, so very sad. She was certainly a courageous sister in pink that had a lot of battles to fight. But, she lost this won.

She is an angel now with God and will watch over her family.

Praying for her family...

Sue
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    RIP, Elizabeth Edwards. I'll
    RIP, Elizabeth Edwards. I'll light my candle tonight.
  • Mariannemm
    Mariannemm Member Posts: 136
    Marcia527 said:

Me 2
    I have my pink candle glowing right now.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Prayers for her
    Prayers for her family.

Leeza
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Rest in peace now Elizabeth.
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Ritzy said:

:(
    I just saw this on tv. So sad, so very sad. She was certainly a courageous sister in pink that had a lot of battles to fight. But, she lost this won.

She is an angel now with God and will watch over her family.

Praying for her family...

Sue

so sad!
    I've been in a car all day and hadn't heard this until a few moments ago. So sad.
  • candacemc
    candacemc Member Posts: 21

Rest in peace now Elizabeth.

ABC's Nightline bc stats
    WHAT did I just hear from an interview with Elizabeth Edwards from an ABC reporter? "Breast cancer statistics are that 5 years out - only a 20% survival rate."

I'm new to this, IS THIS TRUE??? Someone please tell me it's not. I realize we are all in different situations, different bodies, different stages. Where would this statistic come from and SH-T!!!

I'm having a very emotional few days, luckily, I have appt. with my onc. on Thursday. So, I have my notebook and questions ready this time. Our first meeting, I was the deer in the headlights and he asked me if I had any questions and I said "no". I was frozen. All of this reoccurence business is really haunting me. Where do we go for the REAL stats and would that be a mistake to "know"? man...
  • ccincin
    ccincin Member Posts: 82
    candacemc said:

ABC's Nightline bc stats
    WHAT did I just hear from an interview with Elizabeth Edwards from an ABC reporter? "Breast cancer statistics are that 5 years out - only a 20% survival rate."

I'm new to this, IS THIS TRUE??? Someone please tell me it's not. I realize we are all in different situations, different bodies, different stages. Where would this statistic come from and SH-T!!!

I'm having a very emotional few days, luckily, I have appt. with my onc. on Thursday. So, I have my notebook and questions ready this time. Our first meeting, I was the deer in the headlights and he asked me if I had any questions and I said "no". I was frozen. All of this reoccurence business is really haunting me. Where do we go for the REAL stats and would that be a mistake to "know"? man...

I don't think so...
    Look around and see how many we all know that are way past that! 5 times past that! Don't listen to garbage. You can do this and we can too. There's too many positives for this to be a negative! Xoxoxo
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    candacemc said:

ABC's Nightline bc stats

Praying for her and her
    Praying for her and her children. RIP Elizabeth
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Angie2U said:

Praying for her and her
    Praying for her and her children. RIP Elizabeth

I was upstairs resting in bed - last night when a
    newscaster .. briefly broke in during a commerical break - and stated that Elizabeth had died .. I quickly turned to my husband, Pete and said .. 'We have lost another sister', this time a very public face .. ohhhh how my heart aches for her 3 children.

Vicki
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    candacemc said:

ABC's Nightline bc stats

She lost her battle with
    She lost her battle with cancer, but, she lived her life to the fullest.

God bless you Elizabeth!
  • candacemc
    candacemc Member Posts: 21
    ccincin said:

I don't think so...
    Look around and see how many we all know that are way past that! 5 times past that! Don't listen to garbage. You can do this and we can too. There's too many positives for this to be a negative! Xoxoxo

I went back and re-watched
    I went back and re-watched the interview and the reporter DID quote that stat. However, Elizabeth quickly and gracefully corrected the misinformation!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    ccincin said:

I don't think so...

She was such a gracious,
    She was such a gracious, well spoken beautiful sister. Rest in peace now Elizabeth.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    candacemc said:

ABC's Nightline bc stats

A great loss for everyone.
    A great loss for everyone. God bless her
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Alexis F said:

A great loss for everyone.
    A great loss for everyone. God bless her

We have lost another sister,
    We have lost another sister, and, it isn't fair. Prayers for her family!