Did you feel well even on the good days during chemo?

wendybill
wendybill Member Posts: 84
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
My mom reports that even after the 8 or 10 days post chemo infusion (and the real yucky days) she still doesn't feel "well". I told her that I thought that the effects of chemo may linger for even a few months after it is all over with. She remains concerned about it and plans to ask her gyn-onc. My dad thinks it is because of the medication that she is taking (pain meds, anxiety meds, seizure meds). I'm just not sure. How did you all feel while undergoing chemo? My mom is on carbo/taxol.

Wendy

Comments

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    feeling like s##t after chemo
    I am also on carbo/taxol therapy and I feel pretty awful after tx. I start to feel better around day 6. EAven after that I tire easily and have some nausea. Most of pain is gone by then but I do have minor pain in hands and feet. tell your mom to hang in there things will get better by week 3 and 4......Val
  • srwruns
    srwruns Member Posts: 343
    I am on carbo/taxol every
    I am on carbo/taxol every three weeks. I have only had one treatment (2nd one this Friday). I did well with the anti nausea meds and didn't have too much fatigue, did have the aches three and four days out (lasted a few days). Week three I have felt the most normal. The first two weeks I would often feel "disconnected" ... not yucky, but not right. I would sometimes feel tense even though I wasn't in daily stressful situations. A few times I would have a transitory, but very short dizzy spell. The only other meds I am on (after I finish the 3 days of post chemo anti nausea meds) is an oral blood thinner. I hope your Mom starts to feel better...it's a nasty process...