meeting with Dr today

MelanieT
MelanieT Member Posts: 186
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well things have went from bad to worse for chris.. About three weeks or so ago chris started having no appetite and feeling tired all the time. So his Dr sent him in for blood work ( CEA , CMP) last thurs. Since then he now has alot of pain in his lower abdoman and deep in his right side. And when he does try to eat has to fight for hours to keep it down. They did call yesterday and said his CEA went down to 1.4 but his CMP was abnormal. They want us to come in today for a exam( not sure what they will see just by looking at him lol lol ) I am sure they will go over the blood work too. He is scheduled to have a CT scan on the 16th... I must say cancer is so confusing! all the new symptoms he is having could be anything! I will update ya later today when we get home..

Loves,
Mel

Comments

• bruins1971
    bruins1971 Member Posts: 227
    Good Luck
    Hey Mel I just wanted to wish you both good luck at the doctors office. With the CEA being in the normal range I am sure it's not anything to crazy. Let us know what happens and I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Bobby in Dallas
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Good Luck
    Hey Mel I just wanted to wish you both good luck at the doctors office. With the CEA being in the normal range I am sure it's not anything to crazy. Let us know what happens and I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Bobby in Dallas

Good luck Mel !
    Wish you the best!
    Hugs!
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Hello
    Hoping for the best, thinking about you all, and waiting to here what the doctor said.
    Winter Marie
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member

Hello
    Hoping for the best, thinking about you all, and waiting to here what the doctor said.
    Winter Marie

Hey Mel!
    Please do let us know as soon as you can. Has CEA always been a good indicator for him? Be sending good vibes your way. Take care.

Jennie
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    what's going on?
    His symptoms certainly sound concerning, even if his CEA numbers are normal. May just not be cancer related, but having no appetite, and having to fight for hours to keep his food down when he DOES eat isn't good! That pain in his lower abdomen and deep in his right side could be adhesions, and I suppose could be messing with his intestines, which is why he's having issues with appetite and keeping his food down when he DOES eat, maybe he's got a partial blockage. Discuss with your onc having him seen by a GI doc, or just take him into the ER for a possible blockage and let them check him over. A simple Xray will show whether he has a blockage. I sure hope you find something to get him feeling better soon!
    mary
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hmm
    Goodness....being an ER nurse, right lower abd pain and trouble eating sounds like an appy. Any fever? I know you said it started about 3 weeks ago though and that's not the typical appy but hmmm.....

Wishing you luck, Gail
  • MelanieT
    MelanieT Member Posts: 186
    update
    Well..... nothing really new too tell. They sent him for more blood work to check his thyroid(not sure why) and they are keeping his CT for the 16th.. they think the pain is scar tissue related from all his surgeries the past year and half. So I guess we will wait and see what the CT tells us..

Loves,
    Mel
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    MelanieT said:

update
    Well..... nothing really new too tell. They sent him for more blood work to check his thyroid(not sure why) and they are keeping his CT for the 16th.. they think the pain is scar tissue related from all his surgeries the past year and half. So I guess we will wait and see what the CT tells us..

Loves,
    Mel

Hey Mel - This all sounds
    Hey Mel - This all sounds like the kind of pain I had for months after surgery. It was partial blockages, adhesions, and then scar tissue. I still have issues from time to time, but it's mostly settled down. I hope it's something like this for Chris and not cancer. I wish they would do the scan tomorrow not 8 days from now. Can't they work you in sooner?
    Keep us posted.
    Roger