Elizabeth Edwards

wendybill
wendybill Member Posts: 84
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I wanted to let you guys know that you can get Elizabeth Edwards latest book, Reliance, as an e-book on Amazon for $8. I downloaded it onto my i-phone and ipad. I started reading it last night and there are many many gems regarding her coping style and way of viewing her life (death of her oldest son, breast cancer and re-occurance and infidelity of her husband). She was an amazing woman and I wish I could have met her.

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    sleepless
    I had a sleepless night last night thinking about her.
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    I was sad
    all day yesterday, after seeing all the reports on her. I think I will get her book. She might be able to shed some light on some ways to strengthen/prepare my kids, in case that some day they are, also without a mom. I hope that day is waaaaaaay in the future. My goodness, this is my hot button, I haven't cried this much in a long time.

Kathleen
    (on cancer vaca - HA!)
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    kayandok said:

I was sad
    all day yesterday, after seeing all the reports on her. I think I will get her book. She might be able to shed some light on some ways to strengthen/prepare my kids, in case that some day they are, also without a mom. I hope that day is waaaaaaay in the future. My goodness, this is my hot button, I haven't cried this much in a long time.

Kathleen
    (on cancer vaca - HA!)

Nancy and Kay
    Me, too and ditto. Her passing really hit home for me. She was such a class act (and he is such a jerk).
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member

Nancy and Kay
    Me, too and ditto. Her passing really hit home for me. She was such a class act (and he is such a jerk).

very sad
    Amazing woman I will definitely get her book . Imagine what our country could accommplish if we could elect a woman with her courage and integrity !
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    I cried too
    I thought Elizabeth was an amazing woman. Her death really hit me hard. I don't know how she made it through everything that was thrown at her.
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    She was truly
    She was truly phenomenol!

Her book is fantastic, I recommend it to anyone who is having difficulty coping with their
    cancer. It definitely lifted and gave me a renewed vigor to continue on until I can't...period.

I hate she has left us and her babies and she will be missed.

Sharon
  • beth1465
    beth1465 Member Posts: 63 Member
    I've thought about Elizabeth
    I've thought about Elizabeth Edwards all week. She was such an inspiration. I hoped and prayed that she would be one who would beat it, I really thought she would. What a tragic loss...