Just saying Hi to everyone...

Kezzie
Kezzie Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am new to these boards... I am to have surgery in the spring so I have been looking around all the boards to see what help/info is out there.. so if anyone has anything they can share with me good or bad I would be thankful..

Kezzie

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Hi Keezie and welcome.
    Sorry you are facing breast cancer but I'm glad you found us. Can you tell us more about your situation? I was diagnosed in Feb. of 09, had a lumpectomy and radiation. Others have had more invasive surgeries and some had reconstructive surgery. Some of us also had chemo. Depending on what treatments you are facing, the information will be different. I know this can be overwhelming but we are here to help when we can.

Roseann
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome, Kezzie. I read
    Welcome, Kezzie. I read your profile and see that you have had a lumpectomy and radiation and are preparing for a mastectomy in the spring. What is ADH? I'm not familiar with that term. Let us know what type of information you are seeking and I'm sure there will be plenty of support from these wonderful ladies and a few men, too.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    MyTurnNow said:

Welcome, Kezzie. I read
    Welcome, Kezzie. I read your profile and see that you have had a lumpectomy and radiation and are preparing for a mastectomy in the spring. What is ADH? I'm not familiar with that term. Let us know what type of information you are seeking and I'm sure there will be plenty of support from these wonderful ladies and a few men, too.

Welcome
    Welcome to the board Kezzie sorry you need to be here but glad you found us.I had a lumpectomy in March. I had never heard of ADH either so I googled it.As I understand it puts you at a higher risk for BC? I am sure someone will be along with more info for you. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950

Welcome
    Welcome to the board Kezzie sorry you need to be here but glad you found us.I had a lumpectomy in March. I had never heard of ADH either so I googled it.As I understand it puts you at a higher risk for BC? I am sure someone will be along with more info for you. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Welcome Kezzie
    I'm so glad you found this haven of wonderful people. You will find lots of support and info here to help you through the journey.
    Dee
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Welcome
    Hi Kezzie, Welcome! I also do not know what ADH is and also don't know what BMX is? I know you will find answers here to any questions and support needed to get through this journey that we are all on.
    Annette
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Welcome
    Hi Kezzie, Welcome! I also do not know what ADH is and also don't know what BMX is? I know you will find answers here to any questions and support needed to get through this journey that we are all on.
    Annette

Welcome Kezzie.even though
    Welcome Kezzie.even though it's probably not the club that you wanted to join, it is the best bunch of ladies and men who share similar experiences as well as Love, Hope and Friendship.
    This site became a blessing to me the very day that I found it.
    Any questions, just ask.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Hi Kezzie
    and welcome to the board. This is a great source of information. Tell us more about your dx. Are you having chemo prior to surgery? I was dx with lobular carcinoma in May 2010 and had bilateral mastectomy in June. I started 6 rounds of chemo Taxotere/Cytoxan in Aug and had my last treatment yesterday. Today I had my last Neulasta shot. I'm done for now unless radiologist/oncologist who I meet this Friday says I need rads. I don't think I will as my lymph nodes were negative. I'm hoping to feel more energized by Christmas. I see my onc again in January to discuss medication. I'm 61 and postmenopausal for 11 years. Wishing you well.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Glad you found us
    but sorry you needed to. Everyone here is very helpful and supportive. I know that I got a lot of helpful info from this board. Ask lots of questions and you will get lots of answers. You will also find us willing to listen if you just need to vent or even just talk.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Welcome, Kezzie. I read

Hi Kezzie and welcome. We
    Hi Kezzie and welcome. We will be happy to help you out however we can. Just let us know what we can do.

Hugs, Debby