RIP Elizabeth Edwards....

MAJW
MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
May she rest in peace....and being reunited with her son Wade....
Praying for strength for her children.....

She made a point of telling women not to skip mammograms......she hadn't had one in years when she discovered the lump.....A lesson to all......encourage all the women in our lives to have a yearly!

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I ditto Nancy's comments.
    I ditto Nancy's comments. She was a lovely woman and didn't deserve to die so young, 61 years old. May she rest in peace and strength to her family.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    MyTurnNow said:

I ditto Nancy's comments.
    I ditto Nancy's comments. She was a lovely woman and didn't deserve to die so young, 61 years old. May she rest in peace and strength to her family.

A powerful and life saving
    A powerful and life saving message. RIP
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    She was the epitome of
    She was the epitome of courage and grace under fire. I think we are all a little down now--I know I shed a few tears last night. But I also know that she would tell us to fight on and really live our lives. It is a cliche but it is the quality of our life that ultimately matters, not the quantity. That is my firm belief. Keep fighting my courageous pink sisters. You are all in my heart today.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

She was the epitome of
    She was the epitome of courage and grace under fire. I think we are all a little down now--I know I shed a few tears last night. But I also know that she would tell us to fight on and really live our lives. It is a cliche but it is the quality of our life that ultimately matters, not the quantity. That is my firm belief. Keep fighting my courageous pink sisters. You are all in my heart today.

Powerful words .. indeed
    We have lost a 'breast cancer' advocate -- 1 who was in the public eye. I have no other words ..

Prayers to Elizabeth's children, parents and extended family.

Vicki Sam
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    VickiSam said:

Powerful words .. indeed
    We have lost a 'breast cancer' advocate -- 1 who was in the public eye. I have no other words ..

Vicki Sam

Saddened
    Elizabeth Edwards certainly stood up for all of us who have suffered from breast cancer and because of her being in the public eye, maybe it will encourage those who are searching so diligently for the cure to make that extra special effort today rather than wait until tomorrow. It is time for the cure, and most of us feel deep in our hearts that the needless loss of life is too high a price to pay for the experts to sit back and continue to let this happen. In case you haven't noticed, this is an epidemic, and in cases of the past (polio, smallpox, etc), it took a bright individual who was persistent in finding a cure that stopped all of the sadness associated with those diseases. It is our time! RIP dear Elizabeth, and know that thousands (maybe even millions) of people all over the world have been touched by your strength and courage. My thoughts are with her family, and devoted friends who have been there with her during her last days. Judy
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    a sad day
    We have lost an advocate in the public eye. My heart goes out to her children and family. She touched many lives with her strength, courage and her voice.
    RIP E.E.
    Hugs, K
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    VickiSam said:

Powerful words .. indeed

Vicki Sam

RIP Elizabeth. Prayers
    RIP Elizabeth. Prayers sent!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

She was the epitome of

Losing a sister in pink is
    Losing a sister in pink is always so hard. Peace be with you Elizabeth.

Praying for your family,

Noel
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

She was the epitome of

I still cry when I think
    I still cry when I think about her dying. My sympathy and prayers to her family, even if they can't see all of the consoling posts on here.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    KayNYC said:

a sad day
    We have lost an advocate in the public eye. My heart goes out to her children and family. She touched many lives with her strength, courage and her voice.
    RIP E.E.
    Hugs, K

We certainly have a lost a
    We certainly have a lost a big advocate Kay. I pray for her family.

Leeza
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    VickiSam said:

Powerful words .. indeed

Vicki Sam

Yes, we did Vicki Sam.
    Yes, we did Vicki Sam. Praying for her family and loved ones.