Waiting to do biopsy

sasjourney
sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
After feeling two small bumps on my lower abdominal area and having a CT yesterday, my onc. has reported that several lymph nodes are slightly enlarged. I now have to do a biopsy to see if it is cancer. My liver looks great as do all the other organs. I am so nervous about the biopsy and fear having to start chemo again. It has only been three months since chemo ended and I have been feeling great. I am trying to stay positive...

Hugs,
Sara

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hugs to you!
    Sara,

Sorry about this. Try to take one step at a time!
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Shoot Sara
    I know it's tough not to be worried about the lymph nodes. I will be keeping you in my prayers and hope for a good outcome for you. Hang in there and try to stay busy to help keep the worrying down as much as possible. HUGS
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Sara
    I'll be saying a prayer or two your way. Try and keep those good thoughts held together.
    Cyber hug your way.
    Winter Marie
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    Hoping that this swelling is due to some infection or something not serious. You are in my thoughts.

Kim
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Sara
    Sara,

I read this and your other post with much concern. I don't have any particular words of wisdom. Perhaps the lymph nodes are from some minor infection (UTI maybe???). I am happy to hear that all the organs are clear and that your liver looks great. Please keep us posted as to the biopsy results.

As you know, I keep you in my prayers, tonight and every night.

Amy
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    praying
    Sara,

I do hope this is something simple and not cancer. I'll be praying for you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    tootsie1 said:

praying
    Sara,

I do hope this is something simple and not cancer. I'll be praying for you!

*hugs*
    Gail

Dear Sara
    Just want you to know that our family had you in our prayers last night and we will continue to pray. A special one will be on its way at 11:00. I'll be holding your hand.
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Sara:
    At this point it could be almost anything, not necessarily cancer, but to ease you mind get the biopsy, don't put it off. If it is anything of concern, you have caught it very early.

Best of luck - Tina
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    dmdwins said:

Dear Sara
    Just want you to know that our family had you in our prayers last night and we will continue to pray. A special one will be on its way at 11:00. I'll be holding your hand.

Hope it's just a false alarm!.
    l will pray for this! Hugs!.
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Thank you all so much
    Dear friends,

I don't really know what to say except thank you so much for all your prayers and such kind words. They brought tears to my eyes. You are all going through so much and you still reach out to comfort others. I am having a very hard time dealing with all of this and trying to make sense out of something impossible to ever understand, but you all give me strength and support. I can only tell you how incredibly appreciative I am. You are all in my prayers as well.

Sending hugs to you all,

Sara
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    I'll be thinking about you
    I'll be thinking about you and hoping things turn out to your favor. No cancer in those lymphs.

Gail
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    dear Sara
    Hi Sara,

I'm sorry you're having to go through this worry. I'm praying for you- call me if you want to chat.

Hugs,
    Lisa