RIP Elizabeth Edwards

meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have just heard the news that Elizabeth Edwards lost her battle with Breast Cancer. I saw that there was already a post opened about this but i wanted to also start a post since I am so saddened and shocked. I have just read that her cancer spread to her bone, then her liver. At Thanksgiving she became ill and was told that further treatment was useless. She overcame so much pain, both in her personal life and with her fight with cancer. She leaves behind 3 children, 2 of whom are very young. And oh yes, lets not forget the cheating ex husband. As you all may know, I am struggling through a reoccurance. My cancer has also spread to my liver, so each bit of news like this makes me think of my own mortality and how happy I am to be responding well to treatment but I am heartbroken to see that woman like Elizabeth and my cyber friend Deb are losing this battle too quickly.

Comments

• cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Meena
    I too am sadened by the loss of Elizabeth Edwards as she fought bc that had metastized. I was a bit worried that those like yourself who have had it spread whether to the bone, brain or liver would start to think like you have about your own mortality. Please Meena and others do not dwell on what might be. Try to stay positive because you can live for many years to come.
    {[hugs}} Char
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    This has been such a tough
    This has been such a tough time for you Meena especially with losing your friend Deb. It cant help but make you afraid, it has made me upset and fearful too. It also strikes a cord on how unfair this all is!!! I am so glad you are responding to the chemo. I had not seen you post lately so was going to post a shout out to you . Ihope you are feeling better physically. I picture us all holding hands getting through this sad day.
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    carkris said:

This has been such a tough time for you Meena especially with losing your friend Deb. It cant help but make you afraid, it has made me upset and fearful too. It also strikes a cord on how unfair this all is!!! I am so glad you are responding to the chemo. I had not seen you post lately so was going to post a shout out to you . Ihope you are feeling better physically. I picture us all holding hands getting through this sad day.

What a sad day
    Meena, I think of you all the time and pray that if I get a reacurance, that I can be as strong as you.
    You are so loved and admired, please keep your chin up sister.
    God Bless Elizabeth what a soldier.
    Love you Meena.
    Karie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    carkris said:

Praying for you Meena as I
    Praying for you Meena as I always do.

Hugs, Leeza
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    carkris said:

It is a sad day and I knew
    It is a sad day and I knew this would hit you especially hard Meena. I hadn't seen you post as to how were doing, but, I hope well.

I am sending you a big cyber hug and lots of prayers.

Jan
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823

It is a sad day and I knew
    It is a sad day and I knew this would hit you especially hard Meena. I hadn't seen you post as to how were doing, but, I hope well.

I am sending you a big cyber hug and lots of prayers.

Jan

me too, Meena!
    I too am sending a cyber hug and prayers.

xo
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Meena please do not loose hope
    Yesterday when we got the news I was thinking about you and how these news will affect your emotions. You know that every cancer is unique as well as the way how bodies react to the same medications are different. You are well responding to medications and your husband by your side, your are younger and have more positive energy around you.

I admire Elizabeth very much she was a hero, during her battle was facing the worse betrayal of her life, which no doubts contribute to her struggle.
    Sending you a big hug
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

me too, Meena!
    I too am sending a cyber hug and prayers.

xo

Adding my hugs, hope and
    Adding my hugs, hope and prayers for you Meena.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Meena please do not loose hope
    Yesterday when we got the news I was thinking about you and how these news will affect your emotions. You know that every cancer is unique as well as the way how bodies react to the same medications are different. You are well responding to medications and your husband by your side, your are younger and have more positive energy around you.

I admire Elizabeth very much she was a hero, during her battle was facing the worse betrayal of her life, which no doubts contribute to her struggle.
    Sending you a big hug

Remember Meena that you are responding well to the new chemo and you are not Elizabeth. We are individuals and with that, our outcome, treatments, just everything is different.

I knew this news would make you very sad, but, you keep on fighting and keep thinking positive.

Huge hugs,

Angie
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Meena, I have really been
    Meena, I have really been thinking about you lately. Please think about talking with your oncologist if you are too down. Remember that, as Elizabeth Edwards so eloquently said, each of us will die--it is how we live that is important. You are in my thoughts and prayers and please keep in touch!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Meena, I have really been thinking about you lately. Please think about talking with your oncologist if you are too down. Remember that, as Elizabeth Edwards so eloquently said, each of us will die--it is how we live that is important. You are in my thoughts and prayers and please keep in touch!

Cyber Hugs .. for you Miss Meena. And how happy are we
    that your body is reacting - positive to treatment. Prayers for you!

Strength, Courage and Joy

Vicki Sam
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

I love what Elizabeth
    I love what Elizabeth Edwards wrote Cynthia. It is something that we all have to remind ourselves of. Thanks for writing it here.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Meena
    I too am sadened by the loss of Elizabeth Edwards as she fought bc that had metastized. I was a bit worried that those like yourself who have had it spread whether to the bone, brain or liver would start to think like you have about your own mortality. Please Meena and others do not dwell on what might be. Try to stay positive because you can live for many years to come.
    {[hugs}} Char

The news of her death hurts
    The news of her death hurts all of us, as, we all have been diagnosed with bc. I sat and cried when I heard it on the news.

I know Meena that you are fighting a hard battle, but, just know that you have to keep fighting.

We all love you and support you.

Hugs, Diane
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    carkris said:

You are right Meena, your
    You are right Meena, your friend Deb and Elizabeth lost this battle way too soon, and, I wish that there didn't even have to be any of us battling cancer, but, we are.

There are so many new treatments Meena, and, I thought your new oncologist and your new treatment was working well for you now.

We will hold you up Meena if you need more support. Please stay strong and keep fighting.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    carkris said:

I wish I could write
    I wish I could write something to console you Meena. I wish I could just give you a big hug so that you would feel better.

Cancer sucks, and, I hate that by the death of Elizabeth, that you are feeling even worse.

You are our hero on here Meena, so, you can never give up. I will say or do whatever I can to keep your spirits high.

Praying for you,

Kylez
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Praying for you and sending
    Praying for you and sending you a great big hug!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    VickiSam said:

Cyber Hugs .. for you Miss Meena. And how happy are we
    that your body is reacting - positive to treatment. Prayers for you!

Strength, Courage and Joy

Vicki Sam

Praying for you Meena.
    Praying for you Meena. Hoping that you will post again soon.

Hugs, Megan
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Alexis F said:

Praying for you and sending
    Praying for you and sending you a great big hug!

I forgot to add that when
    I forgot to add that when you feel better, would you please post Meena to let all of us know how you are doing. I am worried about you.

Hugs, Debby