FlexiTouch MLD (Manual Lymphemdema Drainage) Machine

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just got a call from my Lympedemologist to go up tomorrow to get measured for my machine. Don't know when I'll get it as it has to be scheduled when the Factory rep can be there. It's been a bit over 2 weeks since he said he was ordering it but Thanksgiving fell in the time and he had shoulder surgery on Dec 1. ANYHOO - it's not going to too long til I have it!

Susan

Comments

• racergirl
    racergirl Member Posts: 50
    Hope it helps you get it
    Hope it helps you get it under control.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    racergirl said:

Hope it helps you get it
    Hope it helps you get it under control.

Mine was delivered yesterday
    I had already been measured for it--they used it on me several times at the lymphedema clinic I went to. A company rep/nurse is coming out next Monday (in the evening when my husband is home as well) to demonstrate. I sort of already know how to put it on and hook it up, so it's just a formality. A DVD also comes with it. I'll probably hook it up and try it myself tomorrow. Another exciting part of my day!

Good luck with yours.

Renee
  • Rague
    missrenee said:

Mine was delivered yesterday
    I had already been measured for it--they used it on me several times at the lymphedema clinic I went to. A company rep/nurse is coming out next Monday (in the evening when my husband is home as well) to demonstrate. I sort of already know how to put it on and hook it up, so it's just a formality. A DVD also comes with it. I'll probably hook it up and try it myself tomorrow. Another exciting part of my day!

Good luck with yours.

Renee

Don't have a clue what to
    Don't have a clue what to expect other than the pictures/bochure. My Guy has never used one or ordered one before so it's going to be something new to both of us. I'm only the second (or maybe third) mast. he's dealt with (I'm through VA so definately a lot more men than women LOL) He told me today that I could either come up there to get it when it's in'appt set up or they (rep)can bring it to the house - I want to go up there to get it, so that he can actually see it and ask questions of the rep. Thought - I'll ask if when it's in would it be a good idea to bring Hubby up there - he'd be happy to take a day off and go up.

Susan
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Susan
    I hope the machine helps you get the lympedema under control.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Rague said:

Don't have a clue what to
    Don't have a clue what to expect other than the pictures/bochure. My Guy has never used one or ordered one before so it's going to be something new to both of us. I'm only the second (or maybe third) mast. he's dealt with (I'm through VA so definately a lot more men than women LOL) He told me today that I could either come up there to get it when it's in'appt set up or they (rep)can bring it to the house - I want to go up there to get it, so that he can actually see it and ask questions of the rep. Thought - I'll ask if when it's in would it be a good idea to bring Hubby up there - he'd be happy to take a day off and go up.

Susan

If your hubby can go,
    I think it's a good idea. When the apparatus is on you--it's hard to really see exactly how everything fits. With your husband there--he'll be able to see it on you and help you with it at least for the first couple of times you put it on.

Renee
  • Rague
    missrenee said:

If your hubby can go,
    I think it's a good idea. When the apparatus is on you--it's hard to really see exactly how everything fits. With your husband there--he'll be able to see it on you and help you with it at least for the first couple of times you put it on.

Renee

Makes a lot of sense -
    based on the pictures. The company he works for, works 7 days a week and there is no one who he hasn't covered weekend (or holiday) days for so no problem getting the day covered for or just saying that I have to do something medical with me (one of the owner's wife is BC). So yeah he can go - also gives him an excuse to take the 25 mile (round trip) 'detour' to Deadwood (SD) for prime rib - LOL. Course I have to admit I love Prime Rib and loosing a bit to the Slots - Penny Slots are what I like.

Susan