Haven't been around in a while

cookie97
cookie97 Member Posts: 200
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I've been reading, but not posted recently. I missed the time for the ornaments and i'm so disappointed would so loved to be a part. I have a 13 year old that was in the school musical, so between rehearsals and preformances, science project etc. been very busy. Work is also kicking my butt. Tis the season.
I'm so happy that all have recieved so many wonderful gifts from so many distances away, again as I said I wish I could have been a part of the festivities. As a stage iv lady I tend to run out of energy but God knows that I am usually the first person to sign up for anything creative.
I have had some good scans lately they have only picked up on one small spot on my iliac after having had many bone mets. So life is good for now on to Femara. Anybody have anything to tell me about Femara?

Peace and Love to all,
Edie

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    dont know about femara but
    dont know about femara but am glad your scans have been great. glad to see you back!!!
  • cookie97
    carkris said:

dont know about femara but
    dont know about femara but am glad your scans have been great. glad to see you back!!!

Thanks
    I'll try to stay on the the boards more often. You ladies have soooo been a saviour for me.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Hi Edie, I also come and go
    Hi Edie, I also come and go as depression and energy allows, no worries. Glad your scans are looking good and sorry to hear about your energy not keeping up with you and all that you need to do. Can't tell you anything about Femara, it's the only one I haven't been on. Best of luck to you and sorry about missing out on the exchange, I think a lot of us would have liked to have sent you something. You could PM Chenheart to see if there's still time.
    hugs
    jan
  • cookie97

Hi Edie, I also come and go
    Hi Edie, I also come and go as depression and energy allows, no worries. Glad your scans are looking good and sorry to hear about your energy not keeping up with you and all that you need to do. Can't tell you anything about Femara, it's the only one I haven't been on. Best of luck to you and sorry about missing out on the exchange, I think a lot of us would have liked to have sent you something. You could PM Chenheart to see if there's still time.
    hugs
    jan

I heard
    I read that the one you sent was pretty amazing Jan. You absolutely rock!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    cookie97 said:

I heard
    I read that the one you sent was pretty amazing Jan. You absolutely rock!

PM me, cookie...I am sure we
    PM me, cookie...I am sure we can work something out!!!! I need your name and mailing address and I can find you another "ornament orphan" for you to exchange with!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    chenheart said:

PM me, cookie...I am sure we can work something out!!!! I need your name and mailing address and I can find you another "ornament orphan" for you to exchange with!

I can't help you about
    I can't help you about Femara either, but, good to see you on and great news about your scans!

Hugs, Jan
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I am taking Femara
    I have been taking it for a couple of months and do not have any problems. I don't know if you had a bone density scan but my medical onc. had me get one before I started it. The scan showed that I have ostopenia and so I take Caltrate twice a day and a generic Fosamx once a week. The dr. said that it was necessary to take these as the Femara can affect the calcium in your bones.
    I am glad to hear your scans are good and I hope you can take the Femara without any problems.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    chenheart said:

Sweet move Chenheart!!
    Sweet move Chenheart!! (insert heart here)LOL
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I've been on Femara for 10
    I've been on Femara for 10 months with no problems at all. I'm IBC so had Chemo, surgery, more Chemo, Rads and started Femara about 1 - 1 1/2 weeks into Rads.

My youngest turned 32 on Dec. 1.

Susan
  • cookie97
    Rague said:

I've been on Femara for 10
    I've been on Femara for 10 months with no problems at all. I'm IBC so had Chemo, surgery, more Chemo, Rads and started Femara about 1 - 1 1/2 weeks into Rads.

My youngest turned 32 on Dec. 1.

Susan

Sent info
    Thanks Chenheart for allowing me to try and attend the party late. I just pm'd you me my info.
    Thanks again,
    Edie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    cookie97 said:

Sent info
    Thanks Chenheart for allowing me to try and attend the party late. I just pm'd you me my info.
    Thanks again,
    Edie

Edie .. I am so glad to hear that your are okay ..
    stretched a bit thin .. LOL As you say, Tis the season.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Vicki Sam
  • Barb A
    Barb A Member Posts: 123
    I haven't been on in a while either
    But would love to get in on the ornaments if ok Chenheart. What do you mean when you say PM you?

Barb
  • hopefulwhumor
    hopefulwhumor Member Posts: 45
    Barb A said:

I haven't been on in a while either
    But would love to get in on the ornaments if ok Chenheart. What do you mean when you say PM you?

Barb

Great to here from you! And
    Great to here from you! And yes, tis the season... to be stretched ooouutt!
    Barb, A PM is a private message, I'll send you one. Happy holidays to all.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Great to here from you! And
    Great to here from you! And yes, tis the season... to be stretched ooouutt!
    Barb, A PM is a private message, I'll send you one. Happy holidays to all.

congratulations on your good news
    glad that you are busy with fun events. good scans are the best present for the holidays
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

congratulations on your good news
    glad that you are busy with fun events. good scans are the best present for the holidays

Always so good to hear good
    Always so good to hear good news and to hear from old friends. Hoping all good news continues.
    Stef