Eyebrows and eyelashes

october7
october7 Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I finished chemo in August, lost my hair, most of my eyebrows and eyelashes. All is coming back now but I started losing eyebrows and eyelashes again. My eyebrows and eyelashes were coming in like crazy and now they are falling out again. Did anyone experience this? Thanks any information is appreciated.

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Yes
    I have had the same problem. I am a year out of chemo now and I still can't grow a set of eyelashes before they fall out. I talked to my onc. and she said it happen with some people. I also asked for a prescription for lattise, but it thickens what lashes you may have growing rather than actually stimualte growth. I have decided not to worry about it. No one seems to notice, although I have been considering tatoo eyeliner. hope that helps hugs...alison
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    kind of
    my experience was kind of like yours. I did have all hair (face included) fall out on chemo, then grow back, then come out again, but the second time was because I was on another round of chemo. 2 years later it's back, but still thinner than before. I found make-up worked well enough to disguise it. If you feel like you need help, you could get in touch with "look good, feel better" through the ACS. They are a survivor's support group that focuses on helping ladies "look good and feel better" through learning new ways to use cosmetics, and more.

take care, seof
  • seof
    kind of
    my experience was kind of like yours. I did have all hair (face included) fall out on chemo, then grow back, then come out again, but the second time was because I was on another round of chemo. 2 years later it's back, but still thinner than before. I found make-up worked well enough to disguise it. If you feel like you need help, you could get in touch with "look good, feel better" through the ACS. They are a survivor's support group that focuses on helping ladies "look good and feel better" through learning new ways to use cosmetics, and more.

take care, seof
  • seof
    kind of

take care, seof
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    seof said:

kind of

take care, seof

my lashes fell out twice and
    my lashes fell out twice and then they seem confused and fall out so they end up uneven. brows fell out twice as well. they seem to be holding stable. I think this is one the reasons they say you dont start to normalize until a year after treatment. I feel every month it gets better
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Yes
    it's like they can't decide if they wanna grow back...

Mine eventually did but not to the full length. No complaints though. I just make sure I have my trusty brow pencil on hand.