I just found out that my cousin is a pink sister

ladyg
ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We are not as close as we used to be so I had not talked to her in quite a while. She called my mother to wish her a happy birthday and during the conversation told her about her cancer. Of course my mother immediatley called me and told me about it. I then called my cousin and we talked for quite a while. She has had a lumpectomy and is now doing 4 chemos and then rads. She was glad to have someone to talk to that knew what she was going through. I told her to call me anytime she wanted to talk. I also told her to visit this board because it has helped me greatly. So we may have a new sister joining us.

Hugs,
Georgia

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Well the more the merrier to
    Well the more the merrier to the club no one wants to join!!!! Dont know whyyyy we are such a fun crowd!!!! Hope she is doing well, I know you will help her!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Wow...what a way to
    Wow...what a way to re-connect, huh? I am sure both of you appreciated the instant connection, even under these not so pleasant circumstances. If she becomes a member of this amazing online family, we will of course welcome her!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    chenheart said:

Wow...what a way to
    Wow...what a way to re-connect, huh? I am sure both of you appreciated the instant connection, even under these not so pleasant circumstances. If she becomes a member of this amazing online family, we will of course welcome her!

Hugs,
    Claudia

It doesn't matter how you
    It doesn't matter how you and your sister got back together, it is just so important that you have. You can be a tremendous help to her. Although, I am very sorry that it was because of bc. I don't know what I would do without my sister. She is the best!

Sending your sis prayers,

Diane