Cookbook .. donating all proceeds to 'Breast Cancer' ..

VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been collecting receipes from family members, friends and strangers .. all in an attempt of 'playing it forward' .. cookbook. I have assembled several chapters thusfar, I plan on offering alternate receipes - for lighter cooking!

All proceeds will be donated to ACS - Breast Cancer.

I am hoping that my friend (RE, Chen and Kathi M, New Flower, Bella Luna, Elm3544), or anyone else out there - can help with the design, and perhaps can spend some time with me in several months - in a kitchen environment --- taking photographs for many of the receipes.

I know this may sound simple, but is the best way for me help our Breast Cancer Community without creating emotional stress for me -- dare I mention my time volunteering at my Cancer Center? LOL

I adore all of you WARRIORS - Sister in PINK, and look forward to your many receipe's.

Love .. Laughter and HOPE

Vicki Sam

Comments

• pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    WONDERFUL
    what a wonderful idea!!!
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Vicki, this is so weird!! I
    Vicki, this is so weird!! I have been thinking of the same idea for a while now. When you get going I would love to send you some receipes :) Thanks for doing this!
    hugs
    jan
  • VickiSam

Vicki, this is so weird!! I
    Vicki, this is so weird!! I have been thinking of the same idea for a while now. When you get going I would love to send you some receipes :) Thanks for doing this!
    hugs
    jan

Jan .. Yes .. In fact .. I think with the holidays ..////
    FAST approaching .. I wanted to send out a shout out for ///

Appetizers and Snacks .. this month of December, in a few days!

How funny is this ??

Vicki
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    this is a wonderful idea!
    i have actually been working on my own cookbook - "The Jeziorny Girls Cookbook" - it started as a way to hand down favorite recipes to my nieces. it has snowballed a bit - i am getting recipes from my mom (who likes to say she cooks with a pot, a wooden spoon and a fork). i have added a section on Wigilia (Polish Christmas Eve) and Swieconka (Blessing of Easter Foods).

i am not in california, in fact far from it in wisconsin, but i would love to help you in any way that i can. all you need to do is ask ; )

♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫ Hugs from Heidi ♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫
  • VickiSam
    heidijez said:

this is a wonderful idea!
    i have actually been working on my own cookbook - "The Jeziorny Girls Cookbook" - it started as a way to hand down favorite recipes to my nieces. it has snowballed a bit - i am getting recipes from my mom (who likes to say she cooks with a pot, a wooden spoon and a fork). i have added a section on Wigilia (Polish Christmas Eve) and Swieconka (Blessing of Easter Foods).

i am not in california, in fact far from it in wisconsin, but i would love to help you in any way that i can. all you need to do is ask ; )

♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫ Hugs from Heidi ♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫

Heidi .. You ARE as wonderful as they COME.. Hugs
    and Love to you .. and your cookbook! Yes .. we can share and support each other. I will be adding many 'Russian' favorites to our cookbook ..

•☆.•*´¨`*••♥ Vicki Sam ♥••*´¨`*•.☆•
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    I Love This!!!!
    Vicki Sam I think this is a wonderful idea. Even though I am on the eastcoast, would love to help in any way that I can. Hugs, Jean
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Jean 0609 said:

I Love This!!!!
    Vicki Sam I think this is a wonderful idea. Even though I am on the eastcoast, would love to help in any way that I can. Hugs, Jean

Vicki yes as much as I can
    My dear, dear Vicki
    great idea. I yes as much as I can I will help you.
    Sending you a big hug.
    New Flower
  • VickiSam

Vicki yes as much as I can
    My dear, dear Vicki
    great idea. I yes as much as I can I will help you.
    Sending you a big hug.
    New Flower

Thank you .. Thank you !
    I have appx. 127 pages gather so far ... breaking down into categories this week or two .. then I will be asking for additional recipes ..

This is what I've organized and plan -

Appetizers

Snacks

Grains - Bean - Rice

Beverages - Alcoholic and non

Cakes, Pies

Desserts

Cookies

Fish and Shellfish

pasta's

Soups

Stews

Crockpot Receipes

Vegan

Meats

Poultry

Salads

Dressings

Sauces

Lite Meal Plans

Vicki Sam
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    VickiSam said:

Thank you .. Thank you !
    I have appx. 127 pages gather so far ... breaking down into categories this week or two .. then I will be asking for additional recipes ..

Appetizers

Snacks

Grains - Bean - Rice

Cakes, Pies

Desserts

Cookies

Fish and Shellfish

pasta's

Soups

Stews

Crockpot Receipes

Vegan

Meats

Poultry

Salads

Dressings

Sauces

Lite Meal Plans

Vicki Sam

Wow, you've been busy!!

Wow, you've been busy!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    VickiSam said:

Thank you .. Thank you !

Appetizers

Snacks

Grains - Bean - Rice

Cakes, Pies

Desserts

Cookies

Fish and Shellfish

pasta's

Soups

Stews

Crockpot Receipes

Vegan

Meats

Poultry

Salads

Dressings

Sauces

Lite Meal Plans

Vicki Sam

Vickisam,
    I love the idea.

Vickisam,
    I love the idea. I would contribute a recipe but honestly, I am not much of a cook. I will give some thought and see if there is anything that I have as "my specialty" other than going out to dinner. LOL
    Glad you are doing this. Very proactive and just such a good thing to do. Have you thought of a name yet? Love that you want to involve everyone here with this.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    fauxma said:

Vickisam,
    I love the idea.

Vickisam,
    I love the idea. I would contribute a recipe but honestly, I am not much of a cook. I will give some thought and see if there is anything that I have as "my specialty" other than going out to dinner. LOL
    Glad you are doing this. Very proactive and just such a good thing to do. Have you thought of a name yet? Love that you want to involve everyone here with this.
    Stef

Stef...I think it would be
    Stef...I think it would be appropriate to include in the book that if all else fails, and you can't think of what to make for dinner~ make reservations!!!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    chenheart said:

Stef...I think it would be
    Stef...I think it would be appropriate to include in the book that if all else fails, and you can't think of what to make for dinner~ make reservations!!!

Cooking has saved me from ...
    Cooking has saved me from depression and helped coping with diagnosis. Recovering from mastectomy I was planing dinners and thinking about healthy recipes. I started cooking after my drains were taken out. I continued cooking while on Chemo shielding my brain from Chemo Brain. Cooking has been a good medicine for me, very therapeutic, much better than Ambient and Effexor.
  • VickiSam

Cooking has saved me from ...
    Cooking has saved me from depression and helped coping with diagnosis. Recovering from mastectomy I was planing dinners and thinking about healthy recipes. I started cooking after my drains were taken out. I continued cooking while on Chemo shielding my brain from Chemo Brain. Cooking has been a good medicine for me, very therapeutic, much better than Ambient and Effexor.

New Flower .. What a wonderful way of healing ...
    Not a chore .. but a choice :)))) Chemo brain's unite .. I am still cooking with post it's .. to remind myself of temp changes, finsihed cooking times - when potatoes, or sauce's need to be started .. Just another way to keep me movin and groovin - getting back to the pre-cancer 'Vicki'.

I say go for anything that helps with depression, walking, running, cooking or reading!

Vicki Sam
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I am more than happy to do
    I am more than happy to do anything you want/need! Let me know what I can do ( aisde from contributing recipes!)

Thanks, VickiSam~ your heart is so full of love and generosity!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    VickiSam said:

Not a chore .. but a choice :)))) Chemo brain's unite .. I am still cooking with post it's .. to remind myself of temp changes, finsihed cooking times - when potatoes, or sauce's need to be started .. Just another way to keep me movin and groovin - getting back to the pre-cancer 'Vicki'.

I say go for anything that helps with depression, walking, running, cooking or reading!

Vicki Sam

I'd love to help!
    I've been pretty swamped lately between work and school, but will have some time after my last final on December 16th before the next semester starts on January 24th. Please let me know what I can do to help. I do have some recipes I could contribute, at least, but since I'm not too far from you, I'd be happy to do more if you need anything.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    chenheart said:

I am more than happy to do
    I am more than happy to do anything you want/need! Let me know what I can do ( aisde from contributing recipes!)

Thanks, VickiSam~ your heart is so full of love and generosity!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I am not much of a cook but
    I am not much of a cook but am sure i could get some reseipes from my friends. Have you condidered a "fast and easy" section? for people who want simple quick recipes?
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

I must have been pre chemo
    I must have been pre chemo brained as a young woman. From my teens on I was always forgetting stuff in the oven or on the stove. I burned the bottoms out of more pans, literally melted them. Once I put fries in the oven and left the house for over an hour. They were charcoal and the house was full of smoke. Perhaps this explains why I am not noted for my cooking although I have moved past burning and the like. My skills were inherited from my mom and gramma, both non cookers. My sister cooks and is quite good. Just another sign she was left on the doorstep. LOL Actually since we have moved I have been getting into cooking and really enjoying it. I try new things and I have improved so much. Who knew that I would change my stripes at this age? LOL
    Stef
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    carkris said:

I am not much of a cook but
    I am not much of a cook but am sure i could get some reseipes from my friends. Have you condidered a "fast and easy" section? for people who want simple quick recipes?

I will give you some recipes
    This is a wonderful idea and I would love to share some recipes. Just let us know when your ready.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Vicki, this is a great idea.
    Vicki, this is a great idea. I would also like to offer my services, even if I am on the east coast. As soon as you are ready, just say the word and I'll get some recipes to you too. Good luck with this endeavor.