Got my ornament today!

outdoorgirl
outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just wanted to say thank you to rainbow4 for my beautiful ornaments that I got in the mail today! Pretty brass ones! One has a star on it and says Hope,one has a dove on it and says Peace,and one has a Christmas tree on it and says Joy!And such a nice card as well!I was so excited to see that my package came from Kansas-how neat being as I live in Ohio!
Thank you SO much Barb! I will think of you each year as I put them on our tree,with especially fond feelings because they came from a fellow bc warrior and though we have never met,we have this common bond.Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    that is so awesome glad you
    that is so awesome glad you are happy! doesnt it seem like we do "know" each other though? sometimes I have to remind myself I have never met all of you. but sometimes I say more to you than to the other people I have really met.LOL
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    carkris said:

that is so awesome glad you
    that is so awesome glad you are happy! doesnt it seem like we do "know" each other though? sometimes I have to remind myself I have never met all of you. but sometimes I say more to you than to the other people I have really met.LOL

But you sure know me.....
    As I said earlier, you couldn't have made me smile bigger, carkris, with your package!!!

I think the only thing missing (if there is anything at all) is being able to use Skype or something interactive over the internet so we really COULD 'talk' with each other if we wanted....my beau actually runs weekly clinic from The Netherlands via Skype....sees patient's results, everything!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Wonderful time of year!
    And your ornaments sound so pretty!!!!

I have a special ornament tree (well, you see it in my avatar) for my extra special ornaments...my ship is now there, and my other beauties beside it....

And, one year, I was given an ornament made with a dog's paw print in pink....this dog had fought breast cancer, just like me!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • carkris
    KathiM said:

Wonderful time of year!
    And your ornaments sound so pretty!!!!

I have a special ornament tree (well, you see it in my avatar) for my extra special ornaments...my ship is now there, and my other beauties beside it....

And, one year, I was given an ornament made with a dog's paw print in pink....this dog had fought breast cancer, just like me!!!

Hugs, Kathi

not sure I could do the
    not sure I could do the skype thing, people may not want to be my friend if they saw how I looked sometimes! LOL
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    ok everyone~! My jaw is
    ok everyone~! My jaw is starting to hurt from smiling so much! LOL
    I don't know why, exactly, but this has been the BEST ornament exchange ever!

Happy, happy, happy.....

Chen♥
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    So happy
    that you like them, Outdoorgirl! I thought they just expressed the time of year, as well as our positive thoughts as we battle the beast! I'm surprised that you received the package that quickly, considering I sent it about a week later than I intended. Oh, well...
    My best to you ♥

-rainbow4
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    rainbow4 said:

So happy
    that you like them, Outdoorgirl! I thought they just expressed the time of year, as well as our positive thoughts as we battle the beast! I'm surprised that you received the package that quickly, considering I sent it about a week later than I intended. Oh, well...
    My best to you ♥

-rainbow4

Peace, Joy and Hope.
    Peace, Joy and Hope. Messages for the season but also great messages for a survivor too. What a lovely choice of ornaments. And brass is a great choice, it is strong and beautiful. This is just the best Christmas ever. I am hoping that by the middle of next week I will be hearing that my ornaments arrived at their destinations. I sent to more than one person cause this is so fun. For those that haven't received their ornaments, maybe it's you and for the other two, you won't even be expecting them. LOL
    Stef
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Your ornament sounds
    Your ornament sounds beautiful and how cool when they come from far away!! These ornaments, cards and gifts will be forever so very special and I love the bonds and closeness that we are experiencing..I will always love you all!!
    jan
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    outdoorgirl
    so happy for you that you received your ornaments and like them. I think this has been the pick me up that everyone needs this time of year especially when going through the bc journey. Enjoy your ornaments!
    Char
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    cahjah75 said:

outdoorgirl
    so happy for you that you received your ornaments and like them. I think this has been the pick me up that everyone needs this time of year especially when going through the bc journey. Enjoy your ornaments!
    Char

Here is my GORGEOUS cyber
    Here is my GORGEOUS cyber ornament. Isn't it amazing?! Can you see the little plant and pinecones and berries? I just love, love, love it!
  • carkris

Here is my GORGEOUS cyber ornament. Isn't it amazing?! Can you see the little plant and pinecones and berries? I just love, love, love it!

That IS beautiful!!!

That IS beautiful!!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    carkris said:

That IS beautiful!!!

That IS beautiful!!!

I had to hit refresh so I
    I had to hit refresh so I could see this. It is so beautiful. I love hearing about them, but seeing them is so special.
    Stef
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631

Cynthia
    your ornament is beautiful. How nice to have a living ornament.
    Char