Excellent book--MUST read!

Katieday
Katieday Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Go get Waking the Warrior Goddess! Written by Dr.Christine Horner, it is not "New Age-y" as it sounds but is full of very well-researched information about how to live during and after cancer. Based on the concept that "food is medicine" it reminds us to eat organic and local whenever possible to avoid the devastating bad-estrogen-like effects of DDT in fruits and veggies imported from Central and South America. Also champions exercise and the benefits of anti-cancer superfoods like flax seed, tumeric, green tea, and necessary supplements. I couldn't put the book down! After surgical, chemo, and radiation stresses to the body, this book will give you welcome, positive, life-affirming things you can do to start over and prevent recurrence.

Comments

• Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Sounds like a winner!
    I've read several of these types of books and they all support the same organic/natural lifestyle and diet. Just so you know, they do not allow any pesticides in Costa Rica.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Mama G said:

Sounds like a winner!
    I've read several of these types of books and they all support the same organic/natural lifestyle and diet. Just so you know, they do not allow any pesticides in Costa Rica.

thank you will look it up

• Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Thanks
    Katieday, I will check that out! Thanks,it sounds interesting.
  • Apat
    Apat Member Posts: 13
    YES!
    There has to be a reason why so many of us have wound up with breast cancer. My theory about estrogen positive, in MY case at least, is that stress causes the adrenal glands to pump out LOADS of estrogen! Then there is all the estrogens generated by poisons in our food. THEN they treat us with MORE poison! I have heard...even from a medical doctor (my female gynecologist) that Tagamet (Cimetidine) kills stray cancer cells as well as Femara, etc...
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Apat said:

YES!
    There has to be a reason why so many of us have wound up with breast cancer. My theory about estrogen positive, in MY case at least, is that stress causes the adrenal glands to pump out LOADS of estrogen! Then there is all the estrogens generated by poisons in our food. THEN they treat us with MORE poison! I have heard...even from a medical doctor (my female gynecologist) that Tagamet (Cimetidine) kills stray cancer cells as well as Femara, etc...

Very interesting about the adrenal glands and estrogen.
    I was under stress for years before my diagnosis. Now I try not to let things get to me. A big challenge with my personality type. I find that exercise is a big help.

Roseann
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    carkris said:

Thanks! I will look it up
    Thanks! I will look it up too!