Anyone use MedGift.com?

TraciInLA
TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wondering if anyone has used MedGift.com? I read about this site in the December issue of Health magazine, and it seems like it could be a really helpful resource.

Founded by a young ovarian cancer survivor, it's a site where patients facing any serious illness/injury can create a gift "registry" for their friends and family (similar to a bridal or baby registry) of their Needs, Wants, and Wishes -- anything from help with medical bills to a gift card to buy a wig to babysitting, rides to appointments, or even just prayers.

Health magazine made it sound like you could make a general donation, but it looks to me like you have to know the individual (which makes sense of course, for privacy reasons). Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it, and perhaps it could be helpful to those of you who are needing help with medical bills or in other ways during treatment?

Traci

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Have not heard of it
    I have never heard of this but it sounds like a wonderful idea! Maybe someone will have some info. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Have not heard of it
    I have never heard of this but it sounds like a wonderful idea! Maybe someone will have some info. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

I have not heard of it either but
    this sounds so great. So many people need so many things at times like this. I know many of my friends were just wanting to do something, anything. Thanks for bringing this up, Traci. Maybe someone will have some insight.

Hugs, Renee
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Have not heard of it
    (((Hugs))) Janice

I haven't heard of this
    I haven't heard of this either, but, it sounds like a really great idea. If you find out more, let us know.

Hugs, Angie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Have not heard of it
    (((Hugs))) Janice

No, but it does sound great!
    No, but it does sound great! How are you doing?