I got an unexpected ornament...well, actually 3!!!!

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was so surprised to go to my mailbox and find a package from Carkris!!! She sent me not one, but THREE ornaments! One is a tea light holder in a replica of a Nantucket basket, and the other two are a bit harder to describe! They are similar in design; round and flat, just a bit larger than a silver dollar. One has 2 girly stick figures holding hands drawn on it with the caption "Who Needs Therapy? I Have My Sister " and the second one is beyond adorable~ it is the same shape and size, but is painted to look like the spider web from Charlotte's Web, and in a take from that famous book/movie, this ornament says "Some Sister" ...OMG I can only hope you all are so moved when you see your ornaments!

This was an extra special surprise, as Carkris was NOT chosen to send me an ornament! Which, btw, is the oddest thing about the exchange~ whereas you all are a surprise to one another, can you image how awkard it was for me to have to ask Elm if she would mind to send me an ornament??? She was very gracious in saying yes....:-)

So, thank you , thank you, thank you to both Elm and Carkris~ you have made my holiday so much merrier!!!

I love you , Kindred Spirits!
Hugs,
Chen♥

Oh...and for the record, I sent 2 ornaments to Tasha...our Turquoise one who can't for some inexplicable reason, access CSN. I put the offer of the exchange out to the CSN family who frequents FB. I found her a Turquoise and crystal dragonfly ornament, and as I am known to do, a 3" tall fancy alabaster high heeled ladie's shoe ornament. As some of my Kindred Spirits know, my theory on this is: if we have to walk this path together, no one says we have to wear sensible shoes! So there! LOL

Again, I love you all!!!
Chen♥

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    I am so glad that you sent
    I am so glad that you sent Tasha an ornament. I sure do miss her. And your ornaments sound wonderful. I was a lucky ducky last year and got a shoe from you. I thought you just "got a kick out of me". LOL I love it so much that it is out yearround and yes, we do walk together don't we? Mine went out today so I hope that my sister will be posting. She hasn't been on here for quite awhile but I know she is on facebook. She was here when I first came on board or shortly after but we go way back. You really put the holiday spirit into all of us and I am so grateful.
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    fauxma said:

I am so glad that you sent
    I am so glad that you sent Tasha an ornament. I sure do miss her. And your ornaments sound wonderful. I was a lucky ducky last year and got a shoe from you. I thought you just "got a kick out of me". LOL I love it so much that it is out yearround and yes, we do walk together don't we? Mine went out today so I hope that my sister will be posting. She hasn't been on here for quite awhile but I know she is on facebook. She was here when I first came on board or shortly after but we go way back. You really put the holiday spirit into all of us and I am so grateful.

Chen,
    you are always so thoughtful of others-love is just coming back around to you! So nice and thoughtful of you to send ornaments to Tash-I know she will appreciate them!
    And I sent mine out today,so am excited to hear about who got it later!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I can almost envision those ornaments!
    They all sound so beautiful and unique.

So happy you got a surprise! You deserve it for being such a great "Chenta-Klaus" :D
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    sea60 said:

I can almost envision those ornaments!
    They all sound so beautiful and unique.

So happy you got a surprise! You deserve it for being such a great "Chenta-Klaus" :D

Sound beautiful!
    So happy you got these beautiful ornaments! I am anticipating the arrival of mine!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    How very sweet of her! We
    How very sweet of her! We have the most amazing group of sisters!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Chen
    isn't it nice that you were surprised by carkris sending you 3 wonderful ornaments. You deserve to feel like a kid again too. You've been instrumental in making us all feel like excited kids waiting for Santa.
    Char
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Chen
    isn't it nice that you were surprised by carkris sending you 3 wonderful ornaments. You deserve to feel like a kid again too. You've been instrumental in making us all feel like excited kids waiting for Santa.
    Char

As I said in the card "and
    As I said in the card "and you know what Charlotte meant to Wilbur" Long term CSN ers sustain us and we appreciate you. It has been a tough year, so glad you are getting such positive news. this ornament exchange is pulling everyone together!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Awww, Chen...
    If anybody here deserves a few "extras" - it's YOU, for sure! Because of all your extra time & efforts on all of our behalfs. So glad you were both pleasantly surprised, and love your new ornaments!

Kindest regards, 12/25 xo