Slow healing process?

hopefulwhumor
hopefulwhumor Member Posts: 45
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my last surgery on my breast ( to place the mammosite tube) on Oct.13th. My incision is just not healing. I went to my Dr. yesterday, he deadened it and cleaned all the dead skin off, he doesn't think it's infected, but it is now about the size of a quarter, and about that deep, open sore. There hasn't been many times in my adult life that pain has brought me down, but last night and today have been two of those days. Thank gosh for Vicodin! Although I've probably taken to many....
My question is how long did it take for your incision to heal?? I've noticed that since I've began treatments, even a little scratch takes forever to heal.. Is this normal?
I try to keep a positive attitude, but I'll tell ya' the last couple days have been hell!

Comments

• warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    My mammosite
    was removed at my last rad treatment Friday November 26th. Yesterday I met my Oncologist and he checked the site and said it was not healed. Although I was advised by RO not to shower my BS said I could. I did limit my showers to every 3-4 days. My BS had me on Keflex (antibiotic) from lumpectomy until last rad, did you take antibiotic. Hope you feel better soon.
  • hopefulwhumor
    warrrior3 said:

My mammosite
    was removed at my last rad treatment Friday November 26th. Yesterday I met my Oncologist and he checked the site and said it was not healed. Although I was advised by RO not to shower my BS said I could. I did limit my showers to every 3-4 days. My BS had me on Keflex (antibiotic) from lumpectomy until last rad, did you take antibiotic. Hope you feel better soon.

On my second round of
    On my second round of Keflex. I wasn't told to limit my showers, so the first go round, they did think it was infected, did one round of antibiotics by IV, and thought things were going pretty good, then it started hurting very bad again, so went to see the Dr. It just seems like an awfully long time to heal up. I didn't used to be so slow healing... maybe this is the norm on chemo.?? As far as feeling better, as they say here... I have a pill for that, HA! ( Just don't really like taking so many of the darn things)
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

On my second round of
    On my second round of Keflex. I wasn't told to limit my showers, so the first go round, they did think it was infected, did one round of antibiotics by IV, and thought things were going pretty good, then it started hurting very bad again, so went to see the Dr. It just seems like an awfully long time to heal up. I didn't used to be so slow healing... maybe this is the norm on chemo.?? As far as feeling better, as they say here... I have a pill for that, HA! ( Just don't really like taking so many of the darn things)

I developed a bottom issue
    I developed a bottom issue that would need surgery but had to wait a bit after chemo to have the surgery. quite a painful wait. Then the healing process took longer as well. so this does not suprise me.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    carkris said:

I developed a bottom issue
    I developed a bottom issue that would need surgery but had to wait a bit after chemo to have the surgery. quite a painful wait. Then the healing process took longer as well. so this does not suprise me.

I didn't have the mammosite
    I didn't have the mammosite rads, so, I can't help you with any answers. Just want to wish you good luck and I hope you heal soon.

Hugs, Angie
  • hopefulwhumor
    Angie2U said:

I didn't have the mammosite
    I didn't have the mammosite rads, so, I can't help you with any answers. Just want to wish you good luck and I hope you heal soon.

Hugs, Angie

Thank you!

Thank you!
  • warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92

Thank you!

Thank you!

Sorry
    I forgot to mention I did not have chemo. That surely would explain the difference in the healing process.