Chemo Glow

Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
#3 Chemo was yesterday, Nov. 30th. Woke up to what I call the "Chemo glow". Face looks like sunburn and slight swelling of hands, generally warm feeling on my body. Is this normal? Go this afternoon for the Neulasta shot. Steroids kept me up some last night so reasting after getting the shot. Have to take one steroid pill tonight and one tomorrow ngiht, then they will be done.

Comments

• Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Chemo glow is most likely
    Chemo glow is most likely from the steroids. Mine lasted a long long time. Be careful about taking the 'roids in the evening. I was advised not to take them past 2pm, so they wouldn't effect sleep too much.

Good Luck, Cindy
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Snowkitty said:

Chemo glow is most likely from the steroids. Mine lasted a long long time. Be careful about taking the 'roids in the evening. I was advised not to take them past 2pm, so they wouldn't effect sleep too much.

Good Luck, Cindy

Sounds familiar
    I always had a really red face starting on the afternoon of treatment, and the next day. The nurses said it was from the steroids. I only had them the day of tx in the IV. My hands did not really bother me but I did feel warm all over. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
    They also bothered my sleep too
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
    Snowkitty said:

Good Luck, Cindy

Steroids
    Okay, sounds good to me. Will take the steroid in late afternoon. Thanks.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Steroids
    Okay, sounds good to me. Will take the steroid in late afternoon. Thanks.

yep the roids!!!!

yep the roids!!!!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    the onco nurses always said they could tell when I'm taking steroids as my Rosacea face was quite red and flushed looking. I take mine at breakfast and dinner the day before and breakfast the following 2 days. I haven't had any problems sleeping.
    Char
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    carkris said:

yep the roids!!!!

yep the roids!!!!

Sorry about this. I hope
    Sorry about this. I hope your oncologist can help you.

Good luck!