One Down Three To Go!

Stace_aka_Pollyanna
Stace_aka_Pollyanna Member Posts: 78
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Helllooo Sisters! Had my first of four taxotere/cytoxin today and I'm doing surprisingly well :) Albeit alittle "air headed/loopy" maybe from the Anti-naus meds (Zofran and Decradon). Had so much energy started cleaning then decided to channel my energy into christmas shopping online instead. I'm sure I'll crash eventually (what goes up must come down no?) And, I head in tomorrow for my Neulasta so Lord only knows what that will bring.

I'm being cautiously optomistic with a hint of "realism" :)

Praying that God blesses me, and all my other sisters in treatment, with smooth terrain!!

Blessings and hugs,
Stace

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Glad that first treatment is
    Glad that first treatment is over for you! I took the same chemo as you I always felt good the day of tx. I had that foggy air headed feeling really bad the first tx for 3-4 days after tx. Not as bad on the other 3. I do have chemo brain now though, oh well. I had tx on Fridays and Sunday was my crash day, just really tired and did not want to do anything. I was never nauseous but went back and forth between being constipated and having diarrhea. Just remember to keep drinking the water!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Glad to hear that you are
    Glad to hear that you are doing well. That is great news. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm glad to hear you're
    I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I hope all your treatments go smoothly.

Hugs,

Linda
  • ccincin
    ccincin Member Posts: 82
    Awesome!
    Hope your good feeling lasts! Only 3 to go!! Woo Hoo!! I'm jealous :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

I'm glad to hear you're
    I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I hope all your treatments go smoothly.

Hugs,

Linda

That is great that you are
    That is great that you are doing well! Sending prayers for you!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Stace
    sounds like you are taking it all in stride. Hang in there. One down, the rest to go. It's doable. I'm on the same cocktail. Was supposed to have #6 (final) today but onc postponed it for 2 weeks so I can recover from laryngitis & cough.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    ccincin said:

Awesome!
    Hope your good feeling lasts! Only 3 to go!! Woo Hoo!! I'm jealous :)

Hang in there! Soon you
    Hang in there! Soon you will be a graduate for us to celebrate with!
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Stace
    Hi Stace, I'm was on the same Taxotere/cytoxin and did well for a day or two and then I would crash about the 3rd. day. But it is definitly doable. I just finished treatment, it went by fast and yours will too. Hang in there.
    Hugs,
    Annette
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Good news
    Glad to hear that treatment is progressing well. Hang in there. Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way.
    Hugs, K
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Hey Stace, glad to hear
    Hey Stace, glad to hear you're doing well but be careful in the next couple of days. Approx. 72 hrs after my taxotere tx, all h311 broke loose. But then perhaps your dosage is different having it with cytoxin. Good luck to you, only 3 more to go!
    hugs
    jan
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Hey Stace, glad to hear
    Hey Stace, glad to hear you're doing well but be careful in the next couple of days. Approx. 72 hrs after my taxotere tx, all h311 broke loose. But then perhaps your dosage is different having it with cytoxin. Good luck to you, only 3 more to go!
    hugs
    jan

How are you doing now Stace?
  • DianeBC said:

Thx for checking in Diane :)
    Hanging right in there -- did have a couple of valley days thur/fri but since then, everything's planed right off :) Find myself battling alittle 'scratchy throat' or maybe it's a full blown cold... hell, how do we tell if it's an SE or just crummy winter weather?? LOL Hope to enjoy two-weeks of x-mas shopping and normal seasonal chaos! Next happy hour... Dec 13th!

Blessings and hugs to each and every one...
    Stace
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    So Happy to hear your doing
    So Happy to hear your doing well. Hope that continues for you Take care Kay
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
  • hopefulwhumor
    hopefulwhumor Member Posts: 45

I forgot to tell you
    I forgot to tell you earlier, the throat thing, the first go around, mine was a little scratchy, mouth also got a little sore, for maybe three days, with the middle day being the worst. Second round, my mouth has been sore since Thursday. I finally called a got a script for a mouth rinse, use it and the homemade one, (1c. water, 1t. baking soda, and 1t. salt.) I use them probably six times a day, they both help, but ready for it to go away!! Also, didn't - haven't had much ability to taste... so turkey day was kind of a let down! Oh, well, my waist line didn't need it anyway!!LOL. Just thought I'd let you know WHILE I remember LOL!

Hugs:))
    Kristi
  • Karenkrad
    Karenkrad Member Posts: 8
    First treatment
    Hi Stace,
    Glad to hear your your first treatment went well for you!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Karenkrad said:

First treatment
    Hi Stace,
    Glad to hear your your first treatment went well for you!

How are you doing Stace?
    How are you doing Stace? Praying your treatment is still going well!

Sue :)