CT Scan

Texasgirl10
Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had an appt with the radiation dept this afternoon after I had a CT scan this morning. The cancer has not spread to any organs, but has spread to a mammary gland in the center of my chest. God, chemo, surgery, and radiation will take care of that. This is the best news I've had since I found out I have cancer last week. The Dr said that all of my organs look great and healthy. Praise God. I will have a PET scan on Thursday morning, then have the portacath placed Thursday afternoon. First chemo is still on for Tuesday 12/7. I'm scared, but ready to get this going so that I can be cancer free.

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    glad you got good news
    glad you got good news praying for a great PET result. hang in there!
  • Texasgirl10
    carkris said:

glad you got good news
    glad you got good news praying for a great PET result. hang in there!

Thanks
    Thanks I definetly believe in the power of prayer
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member

Thanks

Pretty good news so far!
    With best wishes for more of the same after Thursday's PET.

Kind regards, Susan
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Happy that you got some good
    Happy that you got some good news. Good luck with your PET scan!

Praying for you,

Jan
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Happy that you got some good
    Happy that you got some good news. Good luck with your PET scan!

Praying for you,

Jan

Sending positive thoughts
    Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your scan Thursday!

Sue :)
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Texas girl
    glad it has not spread. I had a PET scan and it didn't show anything out of the ordinary. Hope yours is clean. I also have a Purple Power Port. I'll be thinking about you next Tuesday as you have your first chemo I will be having my 6th and final chemo.
    {{Hugs}} Char
  • hopefulwhumor
    hopefulwhumor Member Posts: 45
    cahjah75 said:

Texas girl
    glad it has not spread. I had a PET scan and it didn't show anything out of the ordinary. Hope yours is clean. I also have a Purple Power Port. I'll be thinking about you next Tuesday as you have your first chemo I will be having my 6th and final chemo.
    {{Hugs}} Char

Keep up the great attitude,
    Keep up the great attitude, Texas Girl! I'll be praying for you and Char next Tuesday to have an easy day of it! Hooray, Char!

Blessings,
    Kristi
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    cahjah75 said:

Texas girl
    {{Hugs}} Char

Praying for a clean Pet for
    Praying for a clean Pet for you! And, good luck with your chemo.

Hugs, Angie
  • orphanannie777
    orphanannie777 Member Posts: 1
    ct scan and chemo
    I'M ALSO GOING THROUGH THE TERROR AND FEAR. I HAVE 2 GET A BONE SCAN 12/8 , AND NEXT DAY
    ct scan. I ALSO HAVE TO GET ANOTHER LYMPH NODE BIOPSY. I'VE ALREADY HAD ONE DONE ON THE LEFT SIDE. NOW IT'S ON THE RIGHT. I'VE ALREADY HAD SURGERY ON BOTH BREASTS TO REMOVE THE LUMPS OCT.27TH. STILL HEALING FROM THAT. I WONDER HOW I WILL EVER GET THRU THIS NIGHTMARE.
    I CRY ALOT. AFTER ALL THAT ,ON JAN 3RD I WILL START CHEMO... ANOTHER WORRY. WILL I BE ABLE 2 WITHSTAND THE TREATMENT??? ANYONE CARE 2 GIVE ME SUPPORT. I REALLY NEED ALL I CAN GET....
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

ct scan and chemo
    I'M ALSO GOING THROUGH THE TERROR AND FEAR. I HAVE 2 GET A BONE SCAN 12/8 , AND NEXT DAY
    ct scan. I ALSO HAVE TO GET ANOTHER LYMPH NODE BIOPSY. I'VE ALREADY HAD ONE DONE ON THE LEFT SIDE. NOW IT'S ON THE RIGHT. I'VE ALREADY HAD SURGERY ON BOTH BREASTS TO REMOVE THE LUMPS OCT.27TH. STILL HEALING FROM THAT. I WONDER HOW I WILL EVER GET THRU THIS NIGHTMARE.
    I CRY ALOT. AFTER ALL THAT ,ON JAN 3RD I WILL START CHEMO... ANOTHER WORRY. WILL I BE ABLE 2 WITHSTAND THE TREATMENT??? ANYONE CARE 2 GIVE ME SUPPORT. I REALLY NEED ALL I CAN GET....

Orphanannie777
    Sorry for all you are going through. It is all very scary, but it is doable, Chemo was not near as bad as I thought it would be so hang in there. Prayers being said for you. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Thanks

Good luck with chemo next
    Good luck with chemo next week! I pray you will do just fine!
  • Texasgirl10

ct scan and chemo

I'm so sorry
    Hi Orphanannie,

I'm so sorry that you are going through this too. Just know that we are all beside you. I found out that I have inflammatory breast cancer on 11/23 - 2 days before Thanksgiving. I'm scared, but I just remember that "I have cancer, but the cancer doesn't have me". I was more scared before I found this website and ALL of the brave, strong people here. I will add you to my prayer list. I know without a doubt that God is bigger than any cancer.

Sending you hugs through the internet,

Dawne
  • Texasgirl10
    cahjah75 said:

Texas girl
    {{Hugs}} Char

Yay
    Yay, your last and final chemo! I know you must be very excited. I will be thinking about you on Tuesday. When you first got your port did it hurt? I have been sore since they put it in on Thursday. I'm not complaining though, because I know this is my "portal to life" :)
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440

I'm so sorry
    Hi Orphanannie,

I'm so sorry that you are going through this too. Just know that we are all beside you. I found out that I have inflammatory breast cancer on 11/23 - 2 days before Thanksgiving. I'm scared, but I just remember that "I have cancer, but the cancer doesn't have me". I was more scared before I found this website and ALL of the brave, strong people here. I will add you to my prayer list. I know without a doubt that God is bigger than any cancer.

Sending you hugs through the internet,

Dawne

Hang in there
    Orphanannie, It seems so overwhelming right now!
    Try to take it one day at a time.
    You will find out that you are much stronger then you ever thought you could be!
    Hang in there and I will send some posstive thoughts and prayers your way.
    Karie
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440

Yay
    Yay, your last and final chemo! I know you must be very excited. I will be thinking about you on Tuesday. When you first got your port did it hurt? I have been sore since they put it in on Thursday. I'm not complaining though, because I know this is my "portal to life" :)

Good attitiude
    Texasgirl, Good luck this week, and I hope everything looks good on your pet scan:)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    We rejoice in any and all
    We rejoice in any and all good news~ and you certainly have some! I found the first chemo to be the most difficult, emotionally speaking~ after than, I settled in and visualized it killing the cancer cells!

We are with you every step of the way!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    chenheart said:

We rejoice in any and all
    We rejoice in any and all good news~ and you certainly have some! I found the first chemo to be the most difficult, emotionally speaking~ after than, I settled in and visualized it killing the cancer cells!

We are with you every step of the way!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

my 2 cents....
    first of all love this "I have cancer, but the cancer doesn't have me"

Attitude is EVERYTHING

It is a very scary journey but your will to beat the beast has to be stronger than your fears!

I have the purple power port was scared to get it but so so glad I did. The treatment is so much easier with it in there and god forbid you are ever hospitalized they can access it for IV fluids and stuff IF YOU DEMAND IT they have to have a nurse from the onc floor to come do it but it's soooooo worth it.

The people you meet on this journey (like US) are what keeps you going and in my case my kids and granddaughters for sure!

Chemo has not been that bad for me, tiredness has been the worst so far. Taxol (sp??) was a little rough but the rest has not caused me any problems other than the extreme tiredness.

I hope its as easy for you 2 as it has been for me! Will be thinking of ya'll and will add you to my daily prayers :)

I have had ct scans, pet scans, bone scans and MRI's ct, bone and pets are a breeze the MRI is the one that I dread!!

Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

♥♥♥ Libby
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Thanks

Really great news! Good luck tomorrow!