My momma....

2»

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    lizzie17 said:

Your mom is so proud of you
    She knows this is hard on you, your dad and your son. Time does help to heal, and the first holidays are the toughest. I believe she is in a better place, pain free, and watching over you all. I lost my mom and dad years ago and I still miss them, but carry on the traditions of holidays I shared with them for my family. And I am comforted by that.

I am so sorry. Sending you
    I am so sorry. Sending you a strong hug and lots of prayers.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Lannie, I'm so sorry for
    Lannie, I'm so sorry for your sorrow and the loss of your mom. I, too, lost my mom in June '06. I was her caregiver and it was very hard to know that she was failing and there was nothing I could do. My dad had died many years earlier and my mom had never remarried and basically lived her life for her family and friends. The first year getting through the holidays is the hardest and that is probably because of the traditions that were started by your parents and are now carried on but without them. Continue the traditions and I promise they will come to bring you joy. It has been 4 years since my mom passed on and I can honestly say that I think of her daily. The pain for me is still there but I remember the good times and it seems to help me through it. I also have siblings that I can talk with and that helps too. Continue to take care of your dad and enjoy the time you have with him. You are one special lady!!

So very sorry Lannie
    Sending prayers, hugs and my deepest sympathy.