December is break time

kayandok
kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
for me and my body. After my drama in the chemo room last week, I did go in for a heart US, and everything checked out fine. My doctor thinks it was "overall fatigue" and suggested that I take some time off to refresh. I am going to take him up on it, and so I might not be checking in so often in December. Over the last 3/12 years, I have needed to take a complete chemo/cancer break and it has helped me physically, mentally, and emotionally. So, the chemo break has begun for me. I just wanted to let you know, I'm off for a while, but will be back soon.

Hugs all around to my precious Teal sisters,
kathleen

Comments

• kellyh33
    kellyh33 Member Posts: 287
    Break
    Enjoy your break Kathleen, it is well deserved. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and I look forward to hearing from you in January.
    Kelly
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Break time
    Kathleen, Enjoy your break time. Regroup and come back strong and ready to fight. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you teal sister.

Hugs to you.
    Linda
  • joan60
    joan60 Member Posts: 89
    Holidays
    May you have a stress free holiday and the new year brings you happiness!!!

Enjoying life at its best,
    Keep smiling!
    Joan
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Happy Holidays !
    Enjoy your break !

Colleen
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980 Member

Happy Holidays !
    Enjoy your break !

Colleen

Enjoy your break!
    I remember how amazed I was last year on the week before Christmas how empty the chemo lounge was. My oncology nurse told me that they encourage almost everyone who can safely take a short break from chemo to at least take a week or two off in December over the holidays. I didn't do that last year when I was getting weekly chemo, or in 2008 when I was in my initial carbo-taxol rounds. But I am getting a CT/PET tomorrow and even if it shows disease progression (and with a rising CA125 I'm pretty sure it will show that Doxil isn't working for me), I may take a short break until after the holidays myself before starting a new chemo.

ENJOY! I'm sure this break will allow you to come back more 'battle-ready' when it's over! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    heart check
    Glad everything came out good!

XOXOXO
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Holiday break
    I'm so glad that you can have this break and I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • pat1070
    pat1070 Member Posts: 13
    Have a great Break
    Happy holidays