Chemo #3

Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Next Tuesday, Nov. 30th is my #3 Chemo treatment. Feeling good this week. Only doing one thing each day, going slow; slow and careful, stopping when needed to rest. Some days can't do anything so taking advantage of these good days. Dread the side effects but am happy to be on #3. My fingernails seem to be turning purple in certain spots among other things. Not cooking this Thanksgiving. This Thanksgiving giving thanks for all of my blessings including this discussion board. There have been times when you ladies are and will be my source of company and information. Need prayers for courage, guidance and patience through this next one.

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wow, chemo #3 Jean! So
    Wow, chemo #3 Jean! So happy that you are feeling pretty good. At Thanksgiving, I have so much to be thankful for. I truly am blessed.

Hope you have a wonderful day and keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Sue :)
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Feeling Good
    I am so glad that you are doing well after your first 2 chemo treatments. Only those of us who have been there can truly understand. I had 4 rounds of A/C and 12 rounds of Taxotere. My last chemo was on August 4th. I also had the fingernail problem you referred to. Eventually 7 of my fingernails fell off. The remaining 3 don't look very nice but are still there. I also had some days that were better than others and I was tremendously grateful for those days. I must admit that there came to be a point where I had far more bad days than good ones. Now that chemo is over there are WAY more good days than bad ones. For the 1st time in years I will be a guest at someone else's Thanksgiving dinner. That in and of itself is reason to be thankful in my book.

Good luck with your next rounds of chemo. Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I'm so happy for you that
    I'm so happy for you that you are feeling well. You are being a trooper I'll tell ya that.
    And you are doing exactly right rest when you need to and get things don't when you can. We all have a great deal to be thankful for this thanksgiving. And as far as prayers,courage, guidance, and patience. You never have to worry about that We are all here for you anytime. What ever you need. Your our sister. Love and prayers Kay
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    You can do this. I don't do anything more than the bare minimum. It can all wait. How many treatments will you be having? I was supposed to have #6 (final) today but onc postponed it for 2 weeks since I've been sick. I'll be done before Christmas and that's all that matters to me. Hang in there.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    You've got it!
    I'm praying for you Sister. Enjoy and relax this Thanksgiving!

Try dabbing tea tree oil on your nails.

Blessings and Hugs!

Sylvia
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

I'm so happy for you that
    I'm so happy for you that you are feeling well. You are being a trooper I'll tell ya that.
    And you are doing exactly right rest when you need to and get things don't when you can. We all have a great deal to be thankful for this thanksgiving. And as far as prayers,courage, guidance, and patience. You never have to worry about that We are all here for you anytime. What ever you need. Your our sister. Love and prayers Kay

If you need to stop and
    If you need to stop and rest, then please do it. Chemo takes such a toll on your body. Very happy that you are moving right along with your treatment.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    The prayers are on their
    The prayers are on their way. Yes, the chemo is nasty but you are doing the right things by going slow and careful. By not doing too much...keep at it and you will be done soon!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Linda
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    cahjah75 said:

Jean
    You can do this. I don't do anything more than the bare minimum. It can all wait. How many treatments will you be having? I was supposed to have #6 (final) today but onc postponed it for 2 weeks since I've been sick. I'll be done before Christmas and that's all that matters to me. Hang in there.
    {{hugs}} Char

Sending prayers for you too!
    Sending prayers for you too!