good report about incision scar

lizzie17
lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Turns out the "lump" is really a final part of healing that my surgeon equated to a
"shelf" of the tissues from each side coming together. It will always be there, but he suggested plastic surgery for the scar......I will think about it. Thank you for all of your prayers.
After that I went for an oral surgery consult, which turned into the extraction. So home tonight, with ice, and thankful thoughts.

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    What happy news! I am so
    What happy news! I am so glad to hear that it is "normal>" You just reminded me that my first reconstructed breast had a funny dimple in it that turned out to be my belly button. I wasn't keen on that and I did have the plastic surgeon "fix" it so it looked like a little scar and not a belly button ;-)
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Ask about Vitamin E oil....
    My gastric surgeon's nurse told me that, at a certain point (I got her approval, of course) that I could rub vitamin E oil into the scar to reduce the 'footprint' (make it less noticable)...

Just a thought...and I'm dancing for your news!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

What happy news! I am so
    What happy news! I am so glad to hear that it is "normal>" You just reminded me that my first reconstructed breast had a funny dimple in it that turned out to be my belly button. I wasn't keen on that and I did have the plastic surgeon "fix" it so it looked like a little scar and not a belly button ;-)

This is good news and I know
    This is good news and I know a big relief!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    That's good news
    so now you can relax and enjoy the holidays.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Thats great news and a
    Thats great news and a relief..
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    KathiM said:

Ask about Vitamin E oil....
    My gastric surgeon's nurse told me that, at a certain point (I got her approval, of course) that I could rub vitamin E oil into the scar to reduce the 'footprint' (make it less noticable)...

Just a thought...and I'm dancing for your news!!

Hugs, Kathi

Great news and such a
    Great news and such a relief! Happy for you!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Thats great news and a
    Thats great news and a relief..

Wonderful .. and great news ... I continuiously
    feel my incision area on both breasts just as a reminder that bumps under my skin equate to healing ...

Do you have excercise or arm movement issues because of this nut size bump? I do ...

Vicki Sam