I received so much more than an ornament!

Gabe N Abby Mom
Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
OK, so I get the box, and I think this is kinda big and heavy for an ornament...what pretty paper...surprised the post office didn't mess it up...I carefully opened it...and out poured so much love and care!

With the love and care were several ornaments, each of them truly beautiful. My favorites are the feather painted by hand by a local artist, and the delicate wooden angel.

In our house we have a "theme" tree in one room, and in another room a second tree. The second tree is decorated with all the ornaments that have special meaning to me. My warrior ornaments will have a place of honor on that tree this year and every year.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I'm saving the truffles and candy till I get my taste buds back!

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    What a treat, ornaments,
    What a treat, ornaments, candy and truffles. Love in a box, wrapped in pretty paper and tied with pretty ribbon. Well, that's how I picture it. I have been looking for something special for my gal. I have two things that I loved and I may just do them both. I hope everyone is having as much fun with this as I am. I am such a kid, okay a really old kid, but a kid at Christmas. In case anyone is thinking that I am probably that person that does shopping all year and am done by summer, wrong. I am the person that is at the mall on Christmas eve hurrying to finish because I start so late. But my saving grace is I do have a list and last minute tends to save me from over spending. Oh, and I do online shopping which I love.
    Anyway, Linda it was nice to hear you sharing your joy.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Oh Linda, I can't tell you
    Oh Linda, I can't tell you how much fun I had putting it all together. I was soooo excited (as many here will attest)and wondering how you would look when you got it and saw it was from Canada. It was great and I am so happy you like what I put in and yes there was a great deal of love and care. I do hope your journey gets easier, I know this is a hard time.
    Many blessings
    jan
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Linda
    what a fabulous way to start the holidays. A box of love sent to you :-) Enjoy.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Linda
    what a fabulous way to start the holidays. A box of love sent to you :-) Enjoy.
    {{hugs}} Char

This is so much fun .. reading the reactions of my
    fellow sisters .. opening, getting surprised and enjoying their gift. Thank you Chen❥ ❥
    for making all the arrangements, sending out emails and staying on top of us .. lagger's.!

Vicki Sam