DIANE...Songflower...are you OK

Always Hopeful
Always Hopeful Member Posts: 234
Dear Diane,

Don't think I've seen a posting from you in over a month. I do hope all is well.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Peace and hope, JJ

Comments

• Songflower
    Songflower Member Posts: 608
    I;m Ok for a cancer girl
    Sorry I haven't posted. I took my seventh doxil last week with avastin. We can't type for about a week. Have to keep icing the hands and feet down. I get the same spinal headache Linda does. I laid on the sofa and watched Law and Order and rested.

Here some GOOD NEWS! My daughter is engaged so I am working on the wedding as they want to get married in June! Hopefully I can be here for that one!

Thank you for missing me. I missed you too.

Diane
  • Always Hopeful

I;m Ok for a cancer girl
    Sorry I haven't posted. I took my seventh doxil last week with avastin. We can't type for about a week. Have to keep icing the hands and feet down. I get the same spinal headache Linda does. I laid on the sofa and watched Law and Order and rested.

Here some GOOD NEWS! My daughter is engaged so I am working on the wedding as they want to get married in June! Hopefully I can be here for that one!

Diane

Congrats
    Wonderful news and something to look forward to. Enjoy the wedding planning.

Rest as much as you need to...have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Peace and hope, JJ
  • paris11
    paris11 Member Posts: 159

I;m Ok for a cancer girl

Diane

Love Weddings...
    HI Songflower,

Happy that you are doing well - YOU WILL BE AT THE WEDDING - and - YOU ARE ONCE STEP CLOSER TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL NAME IN THE WORLD -

"NANA" - whispered in your ear - "I LOVE YOU, NANA"

I have one more IP - Monday, November 29,

and then,

"Bonjour, Mesdames et Messieurs,
    Bienvenue a Paris"

I am on my way...

Starfish (Glory Days - )
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member

I;m Ok for a cancer girl

Diane

Diane:
    Glad to have you back

Diane:

Glad to have you back on. Congratulations for the GOOD New! It seems like June is far off but when planning a wedding it sure comes quick! Have fun with all the plans. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Kathy
  • hopeful girl 1
    hopeful girl 1 Member Posts: 454
    Kaleena said:

Diane:
    Glad to have you back

Diane:

Glad to have you back on. Congratulations for the GOOD New! It seems like June is far off but when planning a wedding it sure comes quick! Have fun with all the plans. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Kathy

Diane
    Diane,

Glad you are doing ok, and congratulations on the upcoming wedding-very happy news!

Hugs and healing,

Cindy
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member

I;m Ok for a cancer girl

Diane

Daine, glad you are doing okay
    I too have been wondering about you. Glad you made it throught your 7th Doxil treatment. It does not sound like fun after the treatment though.

Congratulations on your daughter getting engaged. Planning a wedding will be a great diversion for you. You will make a beautiful Mother of the Bride. Continue to take care of yourself. In peace and caring.
  • maggie_wilson
    maggie_wilson Member Posts: 596

I;m Ok for a cancer girl

Diane

diane, of course you'll be there for your daughter's wedding
    mazel tov! on your daughter's wedding. i'm sure it will be a beautiful and happy event. we need those in our lives, and weddings and babies are amongst the best. toxil seems like a hard drug to deal with, but if it works its magic, it's all worth it. have you had any untoward effects from the avastin? take good care of yourself, diane, and don't go too overboard on the daughter's wedding!

p.s. have you ever noticed how it's usually a woman who's the culprit on law and order??

sisterhood,
    maggie
  • Always Hopeful

diane, of course you'll be there for your daughter's wedding
    mazel tov! on your daughter's wedding. i'm sure it will be a beautiful and happy event. we need those in our lives, and weddings and babies are amongst the best. toxil seems like a hard drug to deal with, but if it works its magic, it's all worth it. have you had any untoward effects from the avastin? take good care of yourself, diane, and don't go too overboard on the daughter's wedding!

p.s. have you ever noticed how it's usually a woman who's the culprit on law and order??

sisterhood,
    maggie

AVASTIN
    Thanks for asking about the effects from avastin, Maggie.

The doc is planning to have Avastin added to the Gemzar on Friday. How has it been going, Diane?

Peace and hope, JJ
  • Songflower

AVASTIN
    Thanks for asking about the effects from avastin, Maggie.

The doc is planning to have Avastin added to the Gemzar on Friday. How has it been going, Diane?

Peace and hope, JJ

Doxil and Avastin
    I had seven doxil/avastin and she decided to give me one more; Dec 7. Scans are all clear and CA 125 is down. (I hardly look at that anymore!). I get a dry nose from avastin and that's about it. She's trying to decide if she should give me one year of just avastin monthly for maintenance. I know trials lately have been successful for ovarian but it is a newer molecular therapy and until it's on the market a while it's really hard to know. My daughter's roommate is a pediatric oncologist and says they use it all the time in kids. The side effects are few but when you get them they can be serious (bowel perforation, etc)

I haven't started Christmas shopping yet. I think with one more chemo I will have to try the online shopping. Thank you for thinking of me.

Connie Be sure to go to Musee' Dorsea for lunch, it's beautiful!

Love,
    Diane
  • california_artist
    california_artist Member Posts: 816 Member
    Diane
    Hello, love,
    I have really good news re Avastin. The bowel perforation is experienced in those who have a tumor already in their intestine/colon. It seems that as the drug kills/shrinks the tumor, if it is in the wall, it leaves a whole where it used to be and thus the perforation. So, if your cancer doesn't seem to be in your bowel you shouldn't have to worry about that at least. As always, discuss this with your doctor cause I only know what I've read in some study.

Looks good for you. I'm rooting for you more than you'll ever know. You just seem like such a love.

claudia
  • Always Hopeful

Diane
    Hello, love,
    I have really good news re Avastin. The bowel perforation is experienced in those who have a tumor already in their intestine/colon. It seems that as the drug kills/shrinks the tumor, if it is in the wall, it leaves a whole where it used to be and thus the perforation. So, if your cancer doesn't seem to be in your bowel you shouldn't have to worry about that at least. As always, discuss this with your doctor cause I only know what I've read in some study.

Looks good for you. I'm rooting for you more than you'll ever know. You just seem like such a love.

claudia

Diane and Claudia...avastin
    Thank you both for the avastin info. Funny, I had a very dry, and somewhat bloody mucuous membranes in my nose with carbo/taxol. I've heard that nose bleeds with avastin is also possible. Diane, how has your blood pressure been on the avastin...are you hypertensive normally. That is another concern of mine since I am hypertensive. Maybe it's good that I'm on meds for it.

Claudia, you bring up another concern of mine. I've had tumor growth ON my sigmoid colon. Tiny dots were found during my surgery, which were taken off. A tumor grew during my carbo/taxol treatments and was radiated externally (IMRT) along with the one that also grew on the vaginal cuff. I can only pray that that part of my colon has not been compromised and be problematic because of the avastin.

My best wishes for a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all.

Peace and hope, JJ
  • Songflower

Diane and Claudia...avastin
    Thank you both for the avastin info. Funny, I had a very dry, and somewhat bloody mucuous membranes in my nose with carbo/taxol. I've heard that nose bleeds with avastin is also possible. Diane, how has your blood pressure been on the avastin...are you hypertensive normally. That is another concern of mine since I am hypertensive. Maybe it's good that I'm on meds for it.

Claudia, you bring up another concern of mine. I've had tumor growth ON my sigmoid colon. Tiny dots were found during my surgery, which were taken off. A tumor grew during my carbo/taxol treatments and was radiated externally (IMRT) along with the one that also grew on the vaginal cuff. I can only pray that that part of my colon has not been compromised and be problematic because of the avastin.

My best wishes for a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all.

Peace and hope, JJ

Avastin and blood pressure
    I have low blood pressure and it really has not brought it up at all. I just get the nose irritation and use saline and don't tell anyone (I push Vicks up my nose!)

My hands and feet are sore and I dread Doxil #8 next week. I have really done well with it but after so many anything takes it's toll. My daughter will come to be with me. My feet hurt when they rub in my shoes; I have tried every type of shoe and settled on Easy Spirit Travel Time's. I get them a little size bigger. It works but they are not in the glamour department.

We're doing Christmas light this year with me sick, the wedding, and fatigue we all feel. As my friend says make it a memorable Christmas in different ways. We intend to do that. I will no doubt be off the blog for a while. So forgive me. I lay on the sofa and watch some Law and Order and am reading 3 cups of Tea which is uplifting.

I sent Mary Ann a card. It's always so hard at the end when the stuff is cumulative. She is a level headed soul with a sprinkle of good fun I can't resist.

I lost some hair on the doxil/avastin but not enough to cut it all off. I am at a loss as how to style it now. Somedays I don't even comb it. I think it looks better than when I brush it.

Thank you all for thinking of me. I love you. I am going to walk the new outdoor mall we have. They brought in snowmakers and are making snow. Even if I have to go in a wheel chair I'm going. The ole Minnesota girl in me always wants snow at Christmas.
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member

I have low blood pressure and it really has not brought it up at all. I just get the nose irritation and use saline and don't tell anyone (I push Vicks up my nose!)

My hands and feet are sore and I dread Doxil #8 next week. I have really done well with it but after so many anything takes it's toll. My daughter will come to be with me. My feet hurt when they rub in my shoes; I have tried every type of shoe and settled on Easy Spirit Travel Time's. I get them a little size bigger. It works but they are not in the glamour department.

We're doing Christmas light this year with me sick, the wedding, and fatigue we all feel. As my friend says make it a memorable Christmas in different ways. We intend to do that. I will no doubt be off the blog for a while. So forgive me. I lay on the sofa and watch some Law and Order and am reading 3 cups of Tea which is uplifting.

I sent Mary Ann a card. It's always so hard at the end when the stuff is cumulative. She is a level headed soul with a sprinkle of good fun I can't resist.

I lost some hair on the doxil/avastin but not enough to cut it all off. I am at a loss as how to style it now. Somedays I don't even comb it. I think it looks better than when I brush it.

Thank you all for thinking of me. I love you. I am going to walk the new outdoor mall we have. They brought in snowmakers and are making snow. Even if I have to go in a wheel chair I'm going. The ole Minnesota girl in me always wants snow at Christmas.

Dear Diane:
    It was good to

Dear Diane:

It was good to hear from you. What a trooper!

Well I know you said you won't be able to be on for a bit, but please know I am thinking of you and wishing you the best. May you have a great holiday and enjoy getting ready for the wedding!

You have a nice smile, so keep on smiling!

{{{{hugs}}}}

Kathy
  • Always Hopeful

You are a trooper, Diane
    Hi Diane,

How good to hear from you. Sorry the doxil is causing such a problem for your feet etc.

Hoping you enjoy the snow as a great prelude to a wonderful Christmas!

With prayers and good wishes for a peaceful holiday season.

Peace and hope, JJ
  • Always Hopeful

You are a trooper, Diane
    Hi Diane,

How good to hear from you. Sorry the doxil is causing such a problem for your feet etc.

Peace and hope, JJ
  • TiggersDoBounce
    TiggersDoBounce Member Posts: 408

I;m Ok for a cancer girl

Diane

Diane
    Sending prayerful thoughts your way!

Laurie
  • lociee
    lociee Member Posts: 102

You are a trooper, Diane
    Hi Diane,

Peace and hope, JJ

Wow! A wedding
    It's wonderful to hear of your daughter getting married. Mine is still single and raising hell in new york city. I want her to settle down! Also good news that doxil is nearly over. What a relief it must be to know that this is the last one - things can only go uphill from now on. Try Uggs for your sensitive feet. Very cozy. I live in them on cold days - both inside and out.