Getting my last chemo as we speak!

ScubaGirl
ScubaGirl Member Posts: 32
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My journey started in May at 36 with triple negative stage 1. After lumpectomy, genetic testing, chemo - A/C and exempra, a night in the hospital for chest pains and a birthday I celebrate my last chemo today! I still have eight weeks of rads but I am happy today! Lots to be thankful for!

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    I'm so happy for you having
    I'm so happy for you having your last chemo treatment!! That's a huge milestone & now you can start to feel better! I'm a month past my last chemo, and it does get better every day! It may be slow going, but each day I feel better than the one before. I hope your rads go quickly & smoothly for you!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    The last chemo!! I hope it
    The last chemo!! I hope it is the easiest one for you and that your rads go smoothly. You're right...lots to be thankful for.

Hugs,

Linda
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    what wonderful news
    So happy that you completed your chemo today. I bet you are smiling. Have a wonderful day of Thanksgiving tomorrow, You have attained another milestone in your journey.
    Hugs, K
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Awesome!! Chemo was one of
    Awesome!! Chemo was one of the most challenging parts of treatment, at least for me. It is a huge accomplishment to complete it and just in time for Thanksgiving. Way to go! Now on to the celebration!!
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Congrats!!
    Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
    Hoorah!!
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! ALWAYS GOOD TO HEAR LAST CHEMO!!!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Yay ScubaGirl!
    It is definitely a wonderful feeling to be done with chemo! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Yay ScubaGirl!
    It is definitely a wonderful feeling to be done with chemo! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Hooray ScubaGirl the chemo
    Hooray ScubaGirl the chemo is done. Now on to the rads. Prayers that your rads are trouble free. They are time consuming because they are 5 days a week for 8 weeks but hoping that you have little or no burning and mild fatigue. Use the lotions they give you or suggest every day and rest as much as you are able. But for now, celebrate the finish of one segment of your treatment.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Scuba girl
    I am very happy that you are having your last chemo. I was supposed to have my last one yesterday but onc postponed mine for 2 weeks since I've been ill. Enjoy the time between now and rads.
    Happy Thanksgiving, Char
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

The last chemo!! I hope it
    The last chemo!! I hope it is the easiest one for you and that your rads go smoothly. You're right...lots to be thankful for.

Hugs,

Linda

Congratulations! I am so
    Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    MyTurnNow said:

Awesome!! Chemo was one of
    Awesome!! Chemo was one of the most challenging parts of treatment, at least for me. It is a huge accomplishment to complete it and just in time for Thanksgiving. Way to go! Now on to the celebration!!

You sure do have a lot to be
    You sure do have a lot to be thankful for! Congratulations!