My final chemo postponed 2 weeks!

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I went to my cancer center and had the blood work done. All set for my final chemo. My oncologist didn't like the fact that I still had laryngitis after 2 weeks and am still coughing (9 weeks today). Plus, because I was running a fever for several days while on antibiotic he felt it best to postpone my chemo for 2 weeks. So, I was disappointed but totally understand. He did tell me he will remove my port after my last chemo and will make arrangements for me to meet with radiologist/oncologist. He believes it's just a formality and that I won't need any rads because I had bilateral mastectomy. So, I should be all done well before Christmas.

In celebration of what was supposed to be my last chemo, my sister brought me 2 dozen pink roses that are absolutely beautiful and smell terrific! She's the one who finished rads last week. I'm hoping they'll stay fresh for 2 weeks.

On another note, my youngest sister got the results of her mammo today and the radiologist saw a spot to be watched so she goes back in 6 months. She's the only one who hasn't had a bc dx but she did have a benign tumor when she was 16.
Char

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    So sorry you are having to
    So sorry you are having to wait 2 weeks for that last tx. It does sound like it is for the best though. Enjoy your roses and I hope you feel better soon. Prayers for you and your sister
    God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Oh Dear Char,
    I am so sorry that your chemo was postponed. I know that you are looking forward to getting this stage over with. Hope you feel better soon.

I will keep your sister in my prayers and cross my fingers that everything is okay.

Hugs, Jean
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Oh Dear Char,
    I am so sorry that your chemo was postponed. I know that you are looking forward to getting this stage over with. Hope you feel better soon.

I will keep your sister in my prayers and cross my fingers that everything is okay.

Hugs, Jean

delay
    Sorry for the delay in completing your chemo. BUT...the way time flies, it will be over before you know it!
    Marsha
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

So sorry you are having to
    So sorry you are having to wait 2 weeks for that last tx. It does sound like it is for the best though. Enjoy your roses and I hope you feel better soon. Prayers for you and your sister
    God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Sorry for the delay. What a
    Sorry for the delay. What a great sis to bring you roses!

Still praying for you and your sisters.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Postponement is a drag!
    Char, Hang in there sister -- stop and smell the roses :)

Before you know it you'll be in there kicking it to this beastie... pamper yourself in the meantime for you deserve it! Prayers sent for your sisters xo

Blessings and hugs,
    Stace
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I'm sorry you have to wait
    I'm sorry you have to wait another two weeks. but it does sound like it is for the best. It will be over soon. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving darlin Kay,
  • warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    Sorry for your delay
    even though you know your oncologist did the right thing it still s**ks! Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your roses and Thanksgiving holiday. Prayers and positive thoughts for you and your sisters.
    Denise
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    warrrior3 said:

Sorry for your delay
    even though you know your oncologist did the right thing it still s**ks! Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your roses and Thanksgiving holiday. Prayers and positive thoughts for you and your sisters.
    Denise

char .. waiting sucks, and not to be at 100%
    during this time .. dad, illness etc .. You have so much going on .. Take care of yourself, first ... get well - and prepare to cross that finish line in a few weeks.

Prayers for you and your sister ... Try to enjoy the Holiday season!

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Waiting is so hard, but you
    Waiting is so hard, but you need this time to get over that cough and to take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Linda
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Thanks everyone
    I went to my pcp today and he put me on an inhaler. He said my lungs are clear but I definitely have inflammation. He gave me Symbicort and I am to take 2 puffs each morning. Hopefully it will stop my coughing and clear my laryngitis. I'm going to enjoy a glass of wine and some pie tomorrow. I'm sure the next 2 weeks will fly by.
    Happy Thanksgiving, Char
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    I can see why you'd be
    I can see why you'd be disappointed but it's beter if you're at least healthy enough to do your last round. Nice of your sister to bring all those roses, how beautiful! My best hope and wishes for you and your sister. I hope that spot turns out to be nothing :)
    hugs
    jan
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

delay
    Sorry for the delay in completing your chemo. BUT...the way time flies, it will be over before you know it!
    Marsha

Sorry chemo was postponed.
    Sorry chemo was postponed. Sending lots of prayers for your sister and you.

Hugs, Debby
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    VickiSam said:

char .. waiting sucks, and not to be at 100%
    during this time .. dad, illness etc .. You have so much going on .. Take care of yourself, first ... get well - and prepare to cross that finish line in a few weeks.

Prayers for you and your sister ... Try to enjoy the Holiday season!

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam

Sorry that you have to wait.
    Sorry that you have to wait. I know this is not what you wanted. Sending prayers and hugs!

Jan
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Thanks everyone
    I went to my pcp today and he put me on an inhaler. He said my lungs are clear but I definitely have inflammation. He gave me Symbicort and I am to take 2 puffs each morning. Hopefully it will stop my coughing and clear my laryngitis. I'm going to enjoy a glass of wine and some pie tomorrow. I'm sure the next 2 weeks will fly by.
    Happy Thanksgiving, Char

Hoping that your
    Hoping that your inflammation clears up very soon.

Hugs, Debby
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    warrrior3 said:

Sorry for your delay
    Denise

Sorry that you have to wait
    Sorry that you have to wait 2 weeks. Praying you feel better!

Praying for you and your sister,

Lex
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

I'm sorry you have to wait
    I'm sorry you have to wait another two weeks. but it does sound like it is for the best. It will be over soon. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving darlin Kay,

Everything happens for a
    Everything happens for a reason, so, there might be some good reason that even you can't see why you have this delay. Wishing you good luck when you do start.

Hugs, Diane