Another wonderful new experience today...breast MRI....and I broke the computer...ROFL!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So, THIS is an interesting test...lol!!! Especially for me, who can't raise my arms above my head for very long because of a 'frozen' shoulder...

And then, after many minutes of banging...silence....then the voice of the tech comes on and says "Now I need to reboot the computer, it has developed a glitch...just lie still for...10 to 15 minutes (!?!?!?!?) while it comes back up." I said "I can't barely wait any longer, is there a way, if I promise NOT to move my breasts, that I can lower my arms....PLEASE????"

Believe it or not, I did it...they pulled me out, and let me 'dangle' my arms while they fixed the computer...sigh...

It seems I'm REALLY good at crashing computers...during the rads for my rectal cancer, the whole room went dark. And, for those of you who have not had the thrill of radiation treatments...let me say dark means PITCH black!!!!. A voice came over the intercom (behind 2 feet of shielded wall) and said "The computer needs to be rebooted, hold on!". I offered to come out and fix it for her (being a computer consultant), but she declined. Then I said "Well, I can be patient...please make sure that before we start up again, that you make sure the correct program is loaded. I would really HATE to get my ovaries (at that point, I still had them..lol) radiated instead of my rectum!"

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• KathiM
    I must share more....hope it doesn't offend anyone....
    I posted this on my other board (crc), too...and got a WONDERFUL response:

Don't worry, Kathi. It is definately not the first boob to mess up a computer!!!

I am laughing so hard!!! Although, I usually call it 'user error' when someone messes up!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    KathiM said:

I must share more....hope it doesn't offend anyone....
    I posted this on my other board (crc), too...and got a WONDERFUL response:

Don't worry, Kathi. It is definately not the first boob to mess up a computer!!!

I am laughing so hard!!! Although, I usually call it 'user error' when someone messes up!!

Hugs, Kathi

Kathi, I love your spunk and
    Kathi, I love your spunk and your sense of humor. You have me laughing too.

I've had frozen shoulder too (no fun) but was able to work it out with physical therapy. Frozen shoulder is more common with thyroid disease, so I encourage everyone to have their tsh checked if they suffer this condition. When we checked mine (when I had the frozen shoulder), my tsh was elevated and I had to increase my thyroid dosage.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    As usual Kathi you are
    As usual Kathi you are leaving me totally cracked up!!!! But seriously, that must've been soooo painful!
  • KathiM

Kathi, I love your spunk and
    Kathi, I love your spunk and your sense of humor. You have me laughing too.

I've had frozen shoulder too (no fun) but was able to work it out with physical therapy. Frozen shoulder is more common with thyroid disease, so I encourage everyone to have their tsh checked if they suffer this condition. When we checked mine (when I had the frozen shoulder), my tsh was elevated and I had to increase my thyroid dosage.

Thank you, my dear, I will!!!
    Although, this was after I fell last year in Holland while skating...and jammed my arm...

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM

As usual Kathi you are
    As usual Kathi you are leaving me totally cracked up!!!! But seriously, that must've been soooo painful!

This is a new scan (relatively)....
    That will become part of my yearly routine....this is for 'high risk' breast cancer patients, such as myself....

I kept saying to myself "Think about all of your sisters in pink who go thru MUCH more than this, without a whimper...don't be a big baby!"

You all are my inspiration!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    KathiM said:

That will become part of my yearly routine....this is for 'high risk' breast cancer patients, such as myself....

I kept saying to myself "Think about all of your sisters in pink who go thru MUCH more than this, without a whimper...don't be a big baby!"

Hugs, Kathi

Although
    I agree that some of our sisters in pink go through some very trying experiences, even the "simple" stuff can be overwhelming depending on what else is going on. There are times when having a melt down is totally appropriate.

But I agree about your strength and that you are a classy lady.

Maureen
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

Although
    I agree that some of our sisters in pink go through some very trying experiences, even the "simple" stuff can be overwhelming depending on what else is going on. There are times when having a melt down is totally appropriate.

But I agree about your strength and that you are a classy lady.

Maureen