Hi All

sohardbnme
sohardbnme Member Posts: 129
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all...

Sending warm wishes and hugs...

I have so much in my head... But after finishing my homework... I do not feel like typing...

I talk alot... lol...

Wanted to say hello...Hope all is well...

Why do I have to have herceptin...uuuggghhh... All I can say is I will show up in as scheduled when the time comes.

Final Chemo November 16th... I am elated... As long as the SE is not comparable to that (TCH chemo)... Herceptin should be a cinch...

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    congratualtions at being
    congratualtions at being almost to the finish line. I did not have herceptin but I have heard it is easier. Love your pic keep posting we miss you !
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Yes congrats! You have come
    Yes congrats! You have come a long way and should be celebrating! Btw, love your photo--you look gorgeous! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Girl! You look beautiful
    I wish I looked half that nice without hair.

Sending YOU warm wishes and blessings back! So glad to hear you're almost done.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Yes congrats! You have come
    Yes congrats! You have come a long way and should be celebrating! Btw, love your photo--you look gorgeous! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Congrats a little early on
    Congrats a little early on finishing chemo! That is a huge milestone!

Hugs, Leeza
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Hi, glad to hear you
    Hi, glad to hear you reaching the end! It probably seemed like such a long journey when you started. I hear Herceptin isn't too bad so good luck to you. Hope it all goes well.
    hugs
    jan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Hi, glad to hear you
    Hi, glad to hear you reaching the end! It probably seemed like such a long journey when you started. I hear Herceptin isn't too bad so good luck to you. Hope it all goes well.
    hugs
    jan

Sohard ... Yes, I must agree with you .. I too endured
    Herceptin for 1 year .. as if .. TCH for 18 consective weeks .. without any breaks was NOT enough .. but I am here to say ... there is a reason for our doctor's and their madness! I fought tooth and nail with Onco at every visit .. I'm sick, I'm at here in the ER - yes, still received my infusion .. I'm throwing up .. in a trash can .. still getting my infusion at the same time .. I'm fainting .. still got that damn infusion -- every Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. - regardless of what my poor tired, broken fatigued body was or was not capable of tolerating ... I still received my TCH .. damn it! So imagine my excitement when I went to Herceptin every 3 weeks .. Herceptin kept me throwing up, for many months, watery itchy eyes - yes, they continued, dripping nose - yes, also continued .. extreme fatigue, yes --- then gradually my body adjusted, 2 months before my Herceptin ended. Finished Hercp on 8/20/10 a few short months ago.

I praise our Lord when I hear or read that many of our Warriors do not have many side efforts from TCH, or little to none with Herceptin .. NOT my case or yours. You are a beautiful - strong - WARRIOR! Keep up the faith, your strength and Courage! I am holding your hand - and with you .. in Cyber space of course .. not as a stalker.. LOL

Vicki Sam
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    VickiSam said:

Herceptin for 1 year .. as if .. TCH for 18 consective weeks .. without any breaks was NOT enough .. but I am here to say ... there is a reason for our doctor's and their madness! I fought tooth and nail with Onco at every visit .. I'm sick, I'm at here in the ER - yes, still received my infusion .. I'm throwing up .. in a trash can .. still getting my infusion at the same time .. I'm fainting .. still got that damn infusion -- every Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. - regardless of what my poor tired, broken fatigued body was or was not capable of tolerating ... I still received my TCH .. damn it! So imagine my excitement when I went to Herceptin every 3 weeks .. Herceptin kept me throwing up, for many months, watery itchy eyes - yes, they continued, dripping nose - yes, also continued .. extreme fatigue, yes --- then gradually my body adjusted, 2 months before my Herceptin ended. Finished Hercp on 8/20/10 a few short months ago.

I praise our Lord when I hear or read that many of our Warriors do not have many side efforts from TCH, or little to none with Herceptin .. NOT my case or yours. You are a beautiful - strong - WARRIOR! Keep up the faith, your strength and Courage! I am holding your hand - and with you .. in Cyber space of course .. not as a stalker.. LOL

Vicki Sam

Ooooooh, I take back
    Ooooooh, I take back everything I said about it not being too bad. Sorry to hear you're going through this.
    hugs
    jan
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Chemo Done!
    Hopefully the Herceptin won't be too bad for you. It wasn't for me (I guess I was a lucky one). Hugs, Jean
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    sohardbnme
    Good to hear from you. Like the new pic :-0 I never had Herception (I was HER2-). Glad your chemo is done. I was supposed to finish today but it was postponed 2 weeks. Hang in there!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

Congrats! You look
    Congrats! You look beautiful!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    cahjah75 said:

sohardbnme
    Good to hear from you. Like the new pic :-0 I never had Herception (I was HER2-). Glad your chemo is done. I was supposed to finish today but it was postponed 2 weeks. Hang in there!
    {{hugs}} Char

Hi to you too! I think you
    Hi to you too! I think you look so beautiful in your picture!
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Congratulations on finishing
    Congratulations on finishing with your chemo. What a huge relief it must be to know you have that out of the way! You did it, good for you!

I was on Herceptin too. I dreaded having to continue with infusions for a year, but you know what? I got through it and so will you. As hard as it is to imagine, the year came and went surprisingly fast. I had my port removed this past September. I have moved on and working on taking better care of myself( mind, body, soul).

Best of luck with your treatment plan.
    BL