First day of partial breast radiation

warrrior3
warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
complete. I went to meet with the RO today for a simulation and was supposed to start radiation on Monday. After a CT and a couple of Xrays were taken the RO came in and told me the mammosite looked great and asked if I was available to start treatment today since I'd have to come back later in the afternoon. I was ecstatic to say the least!! He was aware that I would have the mammosite balloon in for 2 weekends if I started on Monday because of Thanksgiving holiday. Everything went well. The only discomfort I have is from letting my boob hang out for so long. Gravity pulling it hurts and keeping my arm over my head feels like I lifted weights. I guess I need to remember its only 8 days since my lumpectomy and SNB. I feel so fortunate to have such a compassionate team of physicians taking care of me. From day one when I was called back for a second mammogram and ultrasound my radiologist stayed late on a Friday and did my core bx. When I went for my lumpectomy the same radiologist placed the wire locator under ultrasound guidance instead of mammogram. It's these little things that make me feel like I matter to them.

Comments

• hopefulwhumor
    hopefulwhumor Member Posts: 45
    Yipee! That is great! I also
    Yipee! That is great! I also got to do the mammosite, it is definitely the shortest way to go. And I think the easiest. All told, I had a tube in for a month.. but, still thankful that I got to do it that way. My only problem came about a week after removing the tube, I developed an infection where the bulb was, causing GREAT pain. It is finally clearing up though and things are going much smoother. It's good that you have a great team working with you, I think that is a lot of the battle. You'll be done before you know it!

Hugs:)
    hopeful
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Sounds like you are in good
    Sounds like you are in good hands (Oh no I sound like a commercial ) I am happy for you and glad things are going well. Take care Kay
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Yipee! That is great! I also
    Yipee! That is great! I also got to do the mammosite, it is definitely the shortest way to go. And I think the easiest. All told, I had a tube in for a month.. but, still thankful that I got to do it that way. My only problem came about a week after removing the tube, I developed an infection where the bulb was, causing GREAT pain. It is finally clearing up though and things are going much smoother. It's good that you have a great team working with you, I think that is a lot of the battle. You'll be done before you know it!

Hugs:)
    hopeful

I am so glad that your rads
    I am so glad that your rads are going so well for you! Soon you will be a rad grad!

Hugs, Diane