Nightgowns

Chefrox
Chefrox Member Posts: 32
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well sisters....I have read much about what surgery is like and tubes and whatall you have when you wake up so was wondering if there were any special fitted type gowns for this...?

I'm not sure what to look for but I'm sure it has to be easy for the nurses taking care of you and to get in and out of when you are home....

Thanks
Chef Rox

Comments

• shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    I bought a few button up
    I bought a few button up pj's and they worked fine. Hugs :) Robbin
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Buttons
    Hi Chef!

When I came to after surgery, I was in sort of a sports bra that if I remember correctly my drain was pinned to - also was in a charming hospital gown. I didn't do reconstruction so don't know if that makes a diff. I left the hospital the next day wearing the bra and a cami that had a pocket for the drain and some pillow type foam to make a fake boob. While recovering at home, you'll definitly want button type pj tops or nighties and when I felt like being "presentable" I wore blouses with jeans instead of tees. It's hard to get anything over your head at first so be prepared. I think I wore the bra they gave me till my drain came out a week later with the cami on top with the filling.

They should give you exercises to do before you leave the hospital to get your range of motion back. I did these faithfully and started back exercising as soon as the surgeon gave me the OK. Have to think this is why my recovery was so quick and uneventful. Oh, and I got the cami from what I call my fake boob shop near where I live. The lady that owns it had bc and was super helpful. Look in your yellow pages. Keeping asking questions.

Hugs, Sally