Like morning sickness?

ccincin
ccincin Member Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
First chemo was Thursday and haven't really had any issues other than off and on nausea. Nothing bad but some food smells don't go over so great.
Never had morning sickness but this is how I'd imagine it...I know this is only the first one but I hope it's all that happens!

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Food smells really bothered
    Food smells really bothered me too! Glad to hear it's been relatively side-effect free for you. Hope you feel good & continue to do well with the rest of your chemo treatments.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Food smells really bothered
    Food smells really bothered me too! Glad to hear it's been relatively side-effect free for you. Hope you feel good & continue to do well with the rest of your chemo treatments.
    *hugs*
    Heather

Same here .. and like my morning sickiness .. it lasted
    all day and early into the evening .. I could not take the smell of chicken (or taste), onions or eggs.

Continued strength thru out your treatments - get plenty of rest, and hydrate, hydrate and hydrate so more.

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I had trouble with nausea
    I had trouble with nausea too. The nurse told me to try eating a cracker and keep something in my stomach. It helped.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I had no morning sickness at
    I had no morning sickness at all with either of my Sons. I had no nausea with Chemo either - all 16 doses. With the 4 A/C I religiously took all my anti-nausea pills, with Taxol I gradually took less and less of the anti -nausea meds til for the last 4 or 5 doses I took none. Never had any nausea - I did loose weight but that was because I lost all sense of taste, smell and appetite - Hubby had to call me several times a day to remind me to eat something. Drinking enough water was not a problem though as it's just habit to me to always have a glass of ice water (or herb tea) handy so habit just took over.

I've been told that while they knew of no scientific study being done by my Chemo Dr and several of the Chemo nurses, that it seems that those of us who had no morning sickness usually don't have nausea problems with Chemo or have very little.

Susan
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Rague said:

I had no morning sickness at
    I had no morning sickness at all with either of my Sons. I had no nausea with Chemo either - all 16 doses. With the 4 A/C I religiously took all my anti-nausea pills, with Taxol I gradually took less and less of the anti -nausea meds til for the last 4 or 5 doses I took none. Never had any nausea - I did loose weight but that was because I lost all sense of taste, smell and appetite - Hubby had to call me several times a day to remind me to eat something. Drinking enough water was not a problem though as it's just habit to me to always have a glass of ice water (or herb tea) handy so habit just took over.

I've been told that while they knew of no scientific study being done by my Chemo Dr and several of the Chemo nurses, that it seems that those of us who had no morning sickness usually don't have nausea problems with Chemo or have very little.

Susan

@ Rague
    I agree I had morning sickness with my kids and my chemo was really bad sick as a dog every time 4 cycles of F E C so it seems to be true whom ever had bad morning sickness with children seem to have a rough time with chemo.I'm on taxotere now i do tolerate it very well. hugs Mollyz
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I never had a problem with
    I never had a problem with nausea. I hope it gets easier for you. Did your Dr give you Meds for Nausea? I took Zofran the day before the day of and after for two days. and never had a problem. I hope you Tummy feels better. Take care Kay,