Short term memory?? Ha!

hopefulwhumor
hopefulwhumor Member Posts: 45
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just thought I'd share a little humor this morning... woke up with a little "extra energy" so thought I'd do a little cleaning. Sweep the floor, dusted, blah, blah, took a break to check the computer and looked out the window to see this YUK stuff on it, so thought, maybe it's time to clean that... but have to pee first, do that, think jeez' how long has it been since I cleaned the toilet?? So, do that... set back down at the computer, look out the same window, see the same YUK! OMG!.. what has happened to my brain??? LOL It might get cleaned today, it might not.... might just leave it, so I have a tickle everytime I look out! Ha! Oh well.... Hope everyone has a great day!

Comments

• Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    I can so relate. I go into a
    I can so relate. I go into a room to get something and can't remember what I came in there for. Geezzz. Thanks for the laugh.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    LOL - that's been my ENTIRE life!
    Has absolutely nothing to do with any of my BC treatments - I'm ADD - both of my Sons are also. (Also SAD) Unfortunately, when I was growing up ADD wasn't really known about and then as Sons were first DX'd all the DRs I dealt with insisted that only 'boys' were ever affected and they grew out of it at puberty - WRONG! Finally found a fantastic DR in Bellingham, WA for younger Son. Long story shorter - I had finally found a DR that recognized ADD in me. Over the years since - there have been times I've been on meds and times not on meds (not on now). Early years - Hubby had some hard times with 'it' but after almost 35 years, he just laughs now and knows how to remind me without getting me 'agravated'.

Susan
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    Well here is another funny
    Well here is another funny story to laugh at with me. I went to pump gas for the car as my husband has a very bad back and it helps if I do the gas. So we pull up and he hands me his ATM card. I click on pump 5 says insert money or card. Well I put the card in the money slot and it wouldn't go so I just kept pushing until I couldn't pull it out. All the while I see a picture of a dollar and am thinking it looks like an American Express card. What a duffus. Been doing this throughout the radiation but hubby says he remembers me doing some of the same things over the past 45 years. So don't feel alone. We all do those things. Laughs are nice as right now there are fewer of them.

Hugs to You and all,

Diana
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    OMG....That's Me Too!!
    LOL. I can so relate! They say chemo brain is suppose to get better over time! It's been 9 freakin' years and chmeo brain is still with me! I swear, it was the chemo that killed any normal brain cells I had left! I was never so forgetful and scattered before chemo! LOL.

Oh well, at least we have an excuse! And believe me, I use it often!! LOL

Sally
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    sal314 said:

OMG....That's Me Too!!
    LOL. I can so relate! They say chemo brain is suppose to get better over time! It's been 9 freakin' years and chmeo brain is still with me! I swear, it was the chemo that killed any normal brain cells I had left! I was never so forgetful and scattered before chemo! LOL.

Oh well, at least we have an excuse! And believe me, I use it often!! LOL

Sally

It is overwhelming ... it does get better with time, I am just
    hoping that all my brain cells decide to come back .. 9 years, Sally? Oh my Lord!

Vicki
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    gagee said:

Well here is another funny
    Well here is another funny story to laugh at with me. I went to pump gas for the car as my husband has a very bad back and it helps if I do the gas. So we pull up and he hands me his ATM card. I click on pump 5 says insert money or card. Well I put the card in the money slot and it wouldn't go so I just kept pushing until I couldn't pull it out. All the while I see a picture of a dollar and am thinking it looks like an American Express card. What a duffus. Been doing this throughout the radiation but hubby says he remembers me doing some of the same things over the past 45 years. So don't feel alone. We all do those things. Laughs are nice as right now there are fewer of them.

Hugs to You and all,

Diana

This happens to me too! I
    This happens to me too! I can't blame chemo brain since I didn't take chemo. I just call it cancer brain! I think it has killed a few of my brain cells. :(

Jan