Im having itchy face

canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just start Taxol. Yesterday was my first. Now my face and arms are itchy,I had a reaction my port was red yesterday that calm down so far. Now I am left itchy I dont like this . I just want to itch my skin. Has any one also had this reaction.

Comments

• joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    Taxatere rash
    After my 2nd chemo (T-C) I got a rash a week later that lasted for a week--just in time for my next round. The weird thing was that it only started each day around 5pm (so I couldn't show the doctor, because it was always after hours). I had to take a steroid pack which after 3 days calmed it down. I actually scratched so hard that I had bruises. It was on my arms, chest, lower back and behind my knees. I bought some Eczema (with cortisone) lotion that helped stop the itch a bit. And lots of cool showers.
    You need to report this to to your onc, he will be able to prescribe steroids for you.
    Good luck.
    JoAnn
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Call Doctor Right Away
    It certainly sounds like a reaction to Taxol. Call your doctor right away. You don't want to be scratching your face! In the meantime, apply cool (or cold if you can handle it) to your face. Don't wash face in hot water as hot water will aggravate the rash.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Did you
    get Benadryl drip before chemo drugs? I get an antinausea, then Benadryl, a saline solution and then Taxotere/Cytoxan. I've had no reactions.
    Char
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Yes!
    Hi cajuncutie, I had the same reaction on taxol. Taxol was not nice to me.. be sure and tell you doc about the side effects, they can help. After the second or third round I started having problems with the skin and nails on my hands and feet amongst other things, the good new is once it's over, everthing went away. God bless, alison
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Yes!
    Hi cajuncutie, I had the same reaction on taxol. Taxol was not nice to me.. be sure and tell you doc about the side effects, they can help. After the second or third round I started having problems with the skin and nails on my hands and feet amongst other things, the good new is once it's over, everthing went away. God bless, alison

Here .. Here - same terrible side effort from Taxol...
    bruised for weeks - just by a hard rubbing of my hands, or evening scratching. Keep cool, kinda of hard to do now that we are in 'winter', slather your skin, face with 'keri' lotion or eurcerin cream. Put gloves or socks on your hands before retiring for the evening this will help at night. =You can also use an ice pak wrapped in a kitchen towel to help with the inflamation ... 5 minutes per body section.

Good luck .. If it becomes unbearable, call your Oncologist and perhaps he can call in a script for anti- itching mediciation.

Strength and Courage :-)

Vicki Sam